Some pricing help please

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all,

I have done some pro bono work recently for a charity that helps the homeless and needy. The work I have done in the past I did free of charge with me retaining all photo rights.

They now want me to take some staff photographs for the quarterly news letter that is sent out to both supports and those that are in their programs.

My question is this. What should I charge this non-profit charity for the staff pictures. We are only talking about maybe 3 or 4 shots that will be published in a greeting card format.

Thanks for reading,

Michael

ps,

They will be paying all processing

Not enough information.

Why not just keep doing the same thing. Pro bono and retain all rights.

You provided them a gratis use license the last time didn't you?

What do you mean by all processing? Does that mean your post processing time? Because all they need is the images on a CD, they don't need prints to do a newsletter or gretting cards. The gretting card printer can also use CD images.

For what it's worth, I charge non-profit charities full price for my work. If I'm sympathetic to their cause, I give a personal donation and deduct it on my personal income taxes along with all my other charitable donations.

Did you know non-profts are allowed to make a profit? That's not what they call it though, they call it a surplus.

"What do you mean by all processing? Does that mean your post processing time? Because all they need is the images on a CD, they don't need prints to do a newsletter or gretting cards. The gretting card printer can also use CD images."

I am shooting film not digital. That is what I meant by all processing. I am doing no PP to these shots. I offered to do it again for free because I really believe in what they are doing.

They said they would not hear of it due to the quality of the work that I turned in last week. They said they needed to pay me :thumbup:

Michael

"What do you mean by all processing? Does that mean your post processing time? Because all they need is the images on a CD, they don't need prints to do a newsletter or gretting cards. The gretting card printer can also use CD images."

I am shooting film not digital. That is what I meant by all processing. I am doing no PP to these shots. I offered to do it again for free because I really believe in what they are doing.

They said they would not hear of it due to the quality of the work that I turned in last week. They said they needed to pay me :thumbup:

Michael
I didn't say anything about digital!

Michael, If you feel led to do it for free, go for it! Why are you still shooting film??? Chip

Michael, If you feel led to do it for free, go for it! Why are you still shooting film??? Chip

the only digital I have is a p&s, to be honest. I also feel that film is becoming a lost art. I don't know to be honest just call me old school.

Michael

Most reactions

Back