Some Questions about my (working) NEW EPSON!! :)

feRRari4756

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey guys, I got an Epson r200 about 1 week ago and the black head was completly clogged. Well, after alot of windex, its finally unclogged. I have taken a lot nice pics, but I have never printed them.

Question 1:
What profile do I use for my r200 and where do i get it? I'm pretty sure I am using a profile now because here is what I see:
3238070338_ce2f04a094_o.jpg

Are those the profiles I should be seeing? And what one should I use with HP Very Glossy, Thick Paper? Should I download new ones and if so, from where?

Question 2:
My print heads are completly flowing perfect. There is no skips in the "head test." When I printed out my first photo--this one:
3164160873_dcd37645d4.jpg

When I printed this out, at blue sky at the top of the pic is not completly a smooth transition from vivid blue to like the tanish color. There are visible lines. Why is this? They are not like complete white lines, but it is not like it is seen on a monitor.
Also, at the bottom of the pic (the black area at the bottom of the trees) there is lines in the black. Why is this?

Question 3:
I know my R200 can print borderless, but I dont know how. I am using aperture to print, but i have photoshop CS4 which I can use also. How do I do that?

Question 4:
How do I know that Epson software isnt color managing the print for me instead of what I want (either photoshop or aperture to use one of the color manage profiles)?

Thanks!! I would appreciate it if you answered in an orderly fashion since I took the time to make my post "pretty."

Have you been to the Epson site? You really need a profile for your printer and the paper you are using.

Yeah, but I cant find anything about profiles. Im guessing it downloads the profiles with the driver because I have profiles named "SR200 <whatever type of paper>" and I didnt download them. So i guess it downloaded them with the driver. But IDK which one to use.

In your printer setup menus look for a color management option and select Application Manages Colors, or something similar.

Okay I will do, but I still dont know what profile to set my application to..

I can't tell you where to fine the correct profiles, but I was not able to get decent prints off my HP printer until I got the right profiles setup in Lightroom.

try the SPR200 Glossy or spr200 premium glossy as a start point, these are most likely the printer profiles, then when the printer driver box opens look for the advanced or similar tab and fiddle with the settings in there for photo quality, borderless printing etc. H

It should have come with a phone number for customer service although sometimes they are les than helpful.

try the SPR200 Glossy or spr200 premium glossy as a start point, these are most likely the printer profiles, then when the printer driver box opens look for the advanced or similar tab and fiddle with the settings in there for photo quality, borderless printing etc. H

okay ONE OF MY QUESTIONS ARE ANSWERED LOL. I just found out that color managing was on in both the printer dialog box AND the program Aperture. That is why I got crazy colors I guess. I tried a pic with just the color profile named "SPr200 Premium Glossy" and that was the best print I got so far (and used no color manging through epson, just aperture).

Also, I found in the pritner dialog box how to change the quality of the print. THIS GOT OUT ALL THE LINES IN MY PHOTOS!!!! :)

So now, question 1, 2, and 4 are answered. Only question remaining is number 3:

"Question 3:
I know my R200 can print borderless, but I dont know how. I am using aperture to print, but i have photoshop CS4 which I can use also. How do I do that?"

I dont think aperture has a borderless printing function because "no border" is selected under my epson print dialog, but there isnt an option for "no border" in aperture. The lowest i can get my border value down to is "1/4 inch."

So how do I do it in photosop?

THANKS

why not just call epson customer service and have them walk through the process with you?

Well because thte problem isnt with the printer anymore (the printer dialog box is set to "no border").. its just how do i format a pic in photoshop to print borderless

you shouldn't need to do anything special to format a picture.

Or, are you printing from photoshop?

Yeah, I was talking about how do i set up the pic on the canvas in photoshop to makek it print borderless BUT i just found out how to do it in aperture. so okay

ALL MY QUESTIONS WERE ANSWERED lol

THANKS

odd,I have a Photo R 200 and my software looks different.

Anyhow...the normal window should give you several selections based on paper type and selections for text,for text + pic, for photo and high quality photo. The advanced button lets you choose enhance or do the color sliders. I don't see that menu of so many papers..are you sre this is the Epson driver software? Maybe it's a different R200

no that menu is teh aperture menu showing the profiles. not the printer dialog.

Most reactions

Back