Some ramdom photos up for C&C

Kaytlin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello....I havnt been here in forever or posted in forever, but I have been taking some more pictures lately, mostly because of my new camera that I got, and I felt that finally I had some good pictures that were ready to be shared. So here goes some pictures from December to now.

1. $IMG_2849.jpg
2.$IMG_2830.jpg
3.$IMG_0656.jpg
4.$IMG_2224.jpg
5.$IMG_0257.jpg

Congratulations!
I didn't look at your previous work but these are good. Not great by any means, but much better than some!
I like the low level for the turtle. I like the shallow DOF for the golfer. I like the creativity for the leaves. The furry animal (!) is sharp, but a cloning would help a lot! The dog, okay it's cute, and I'm sure you know the catchlights need work!

Enjoy your new Canon T3 :)

Thanks! Haha the furry animal is one of my ferrets and I had to have a picture of my dog because she is just the cutest. She gives me a million good pictures because she just sleeps all day lol. Thanks for the C&C, it definitly helped!

Haha yes, it does look good, but it does look a bit strange with the box under her but not over. She was poking her head/front of her body out from a box, so now it looks like she is just standing on a piece of cardboard. It does look good, but thats just my opinion.

My thoughts:

1) I wish the turtle were flipped so that his face wouldn't be in shadows. Try to pay attention to the light, especially in bright sunlight which creates very harsh shadows. Harsh shadows aren't always bad, but they are when the face of your subject is blacked out!

2) I like the composition here.

3) This is my favorite of the set. I just wish the blurry leaf in the foreground would disappear... it takes away form the subject IMO

4) Cute ferret. I wouldn't clone out the box... but I probably would clone out the toy in the background. But that's just me. Also, this image is a bit underexposed.

5) Cute pug! Big no-no to use pop up flash on pets... green eye is never attractive. If you don't have off-camera flash try this: take a white index card (or folded up piece of white paper) and hold it in between the pop up flash and the body of your camera at a 45 degree angle. This will bounce the light off the ceiling and get rid of those ugly green eyes! (This only works well if you have a white ceiling - hopefully you do)

Keep on shooting!

Thanks you! I understand about the turtle, he just didnt want to cooperate with me :) he kept running away and tucking his head in, as he was a wild turtle, not my pet. I do agree with the toy being cloned out, im just not super good at that yet hehe. I also do have a white ceiling, so i might try that! Because my pug is black, a lot of times if the flash isnt used she is blurry or lacks much detail in her face. I have been trying to work with her more outside, as the light is much better. I have a feeling the ferret pic was a bit lighter from post-processing. Here is the original pic:
$IMG_2224.jpg

I think they look good. Just got to watch the flash on the last one. Pop up flash indoors almost never looks good. I really try to avoid using it at all if possible. Get yourself a better flash and you can turn 4 & 5 from something good to something great. All in all I think you have some nice images here. 2 looks nice and crisp and the composition on 3 is awesome.

Thanks so much for the tip on lighting, and the compliments. Like I said before, im planning on doing more outside instead of using the flash, as i cant afford to buy a new one atm.

Most reactions

Back