Some random guy's bruitally honest critique!

unpopular

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
I figured since everyone else is doing it, I would too. I don't really have any qualifications, I've been to art school and I used to be a graphic artist, though!

So, uhm, go ahead and submit your stuff, and I will pontificate my opinions which are so valuable that I need my very own space to do it.

Then some other random person will come along and tell me how bad of a job I'm doing at critique, and they can start their own equally egotistical and self-absorbed brutally honest critique.

That is if I don't get slammed first by the old moldy members for criticizing how they do stuff around here. I admit, I'm relatively new, maybe I need to earn some street cred before I *ghasp* voice my opinion. After all I am n00b.

Last edited:
Aight...let's see your eye!

6304713587_50b37f2d61_b.jpg

ACK! You weren't supposed to do that!

:)

I'm going out shooting. I'll post my thoughts when I come back.

ETA: naturally, if anyone other random person wants to comment on any images posted here, go right ahead ;)

I figured since everyone else is doing it, I would too. I don't really have any qualifications, I've been to art school and I used to be a graphic artist, though!

So, uhm, go ahead and submit your stuff, and I will pontificate my opinions which are so valuable that I need my very own space to do it.

Then some other random person will come along and tell me how bad of a job I'm doing at critique, and they can start their own equally egotistical and self-absorbed brutally honest critique.

That is if I don't get slammed first by the old moldy members for criticizing how they do stuff around here. I admit, I'm relatively new, maybe I need to earn some street cred before I *ghasp* voice my opinion. After all I am n00b.

This made me laugh :) haha

;)
Aight...let's see your eye!

6304713587_50b37f2d61_b.jpg

I like it, although I expect to see James Bond walking in from the side with a gun pointed at me. The scratches on the metal are unfortunately a visual distraction.

skieur

I really like the scratches. I don't like the green tinge to the highlight. This photo was clearly taken by an asshole.

I really like the scratches. I don't like the green tinge to the highlight. This photo was clearly taken by an asshole.

I love the concept.:lol: If profanity is allowed from one member previously, even when reported, then why should others avoid it?

skieur

I'd expected that kind of response from someone coming from San Fran..lol

Skieur - It's my lamp sitting ontop of the breakfast nook. Thanks for the crit man! Although I was curious to see what unpopular had to say.

original.jpg

Technical Data: San Francisco Bay, sunny spring day, 300mm f/2.8 Canon EF lens,
EOS 5D (classic), ISO 400, f/3.5 at 1/4000 second, hand-held.

I'd expected that kind of response from someone coming from San Fran..lol

Skieur - It's my lamp sitting ontop of the breakfast nook. Thanks for the crit man! Although I was curious to see what unpopular had to say.

So, am I. That was not really a crit, but rather a few comments.

By the way, anyone can do a critique if they can make specific comments on the technical and compositional aspects of a photo.
If you need to bone up on composition, try www.photoinf.com Important part is be specific and unbiased in a formal critique.

skieur

Derrel, are you sure that was not taken with Lith film ... you got no mid-tones.

Derrel, are you sure that was not taken with Lith film ... you got no mid-tones.

Yeah, Canon, 5D shot, edited on-line at the Picnik web site, "Photo editing made fun!" http://www.picnik.com/

I was going for a lith-film type of look, so as to convey only the most BASIC details of the scene...sort of the "pure 'essence' " of the scene, if you get my drift...

Most reactions

Back