HyperSniper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was out shooting, and saw this cat:

Stray_cat_by_ProneSniper.jpg

Cnc...

Definitely want to come in tighter and lose all the stuff on the edges. Also, I tried to highlight the cats eyes which was the most intriguing thing in the photo to me. This could be cleaned up a lot, but I worked with what I had. Cheers.
Stray_cat_by_ProneSniper.jpg

Well It needed to be cropped because the space on the left was unnecessary(could be distracting and not adding much) but other than that, I don't like the photoshop work in here...

It's fine...

Seems to me that if there's anything here it's all in the cat's eyes, face and a little bit of the tarp. Everything else is a waste of perfectly good electrons.

Well It needed to be cropped because the space on the left was unnecessary(could be distracting and not adding much) but other than that, I don't like the photoshop work in here...

It's fine...

I added the effect because without it your eyes are immediately drawn to the bright orange car jack in front of the cat. The cat need something to make it stand out. But like I said before, my edit was rather quick and could be done a lot better, I just didn't put any time into it.

Personally the next time you have this opportunity, try and find a different angle, the car jack really takes away from everything.

I like the fact that the car jack draws you there. Because the cat is directly behind it, therefore it just works. I don't like the edit with the eyes it makes them too "neon". Maybe if you tone it back a bit.

its a bad edit, not subtle enough.

also, this thread isn't really meant for people to say "i'd do this" and post a edit.

my critique:

most of the frame is wasted, crop it or get closer next time (or get a longer lens on there) also, had you been lower (if you could get lower) you would see the cats ears which i think would be nice. good color though.

I don't agree with the comments on 'crop it tight'

The piece of block (?) on the left hand side and the shadow draw the eye in nicely to the cat and I love the texture and tone in there. Also the DOF on the block is pleasing

I would crop out some of the tarp at the top, that is wasted space do some PS work on the cats face but not OTT as the colour in here is very nice

Next time If you are going to shoot a subject with allot of foreground in the way, try to have the foreground complement the subject.
For example:
See how the tarp makes a arched line almost the same radius as the cats back? What if you were to shoot the same scene but standing a few feet to the right. So the arch in the tarp is directly above the cats back and the jack is to the left of the cats head. I would also use a wider aperture if your lens has one.

Most reactions

Back