Some recent captures

AIRIC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.airic.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Its been awhile since my last post but I have been around shooting. These are some recent shots from the past few days. I swear it is colder now then in January, at least it is sunny.

lynde20063176582copy.jpg

lynde20063176597copy.jpg

lynde20063176599copy.jpg

lynde20063176620copy.jpg

lynde20063176651copy.jpg

lynde20063176655copy.jpg

lynde20063176671copy.jpg

lynde20063176692copy.jpg

lynde20063176718copy.jpg

lynde20063176756copy.jpg

lynde20063176721copy.jpg

lynde20063187044copy.jpg

lynde20063187011_copy.jpg

lynde20063187037_copy.jpg

lynde20063187021_copy.jpg

:cheers: Eric

don't know how you keep coming up with these awesome images my friend! i love the expression in the crop of the owl...reminds me of grandpa from "the munsters" t.v. show :lol:

JonMikal said:
don't know how you keep coming up with these awesome images my friend! i love the expression in the crop of the owl...reminds me of grandpa from "the munsters" t.v. show :lol:

Now that you mention it he does look like the grandpa from the munsters.

Eric

What a great set of shots! Like 'em all, but especially the chickadee, seagull-underbelly, angry redwinged blackbird, and mourning dove shots.

Sweet shots, Airic! Very beautiful! The owl looks pretty ****ed off, tho. :wink: #1,3,4,5 are my faves!

Raymond J Barlow said:
awesome shooting Airic, Great find with the saw whet.. where is it??

Nice shots E. My favourite is the expression in the Dove. Raymond we will work a deal, you translate some tips from Mr. Newcombe I will let you know where we found it.

Thanks for all the comments. Ray, the Saw Wet is at Lyndeshore but I checked Sunday morning and he was no where to be found :( Funny, was looking for long ears and came home with a saw wet, pretty much an even exchange.

Eric

Canoncan said:
Nice shots E. My favourite is the expression in the Dove. Raymond we will work a deal, you translate some tips from Mr. Newcombe I will let you know where we found it.

He has taught me so much, I couldn't sit down and type it all up.. I have met him about 10x in the field, and each time I see him, I get more and more info.. he is a wealth of knowledge and very willing to share. He is an engineer, and knows so much about the tech side of photography. and equipment.

He has many good friends, whom share info, and good photo opps. He is retired, and is out shooting everyday, all day.

He taught me to:

Over expose when shooting into a white sky or bg (as much as 3 f stops)
Choose a line on a subject that has the bg as far as possible away from the subject
To always be slightly above the eye level of the bird whenever possible.
Get your chin in the dirt if need be.
Always use a fill flash in bright sun
Always have your shadow pointing at the bird (if possible)
When you have time on a standing bird, change your settings.. iso, shutter speed, aperture, and angle if possible, and shoot as many different combinations as time permits.
Shoot in RAW
use a tripod whenever possible
shoot birds in calm water whenever possible
never shoot a bird flying away from you
try to keep the bg as clean as possible
under expose when there are bright whites

might be some good info here...
http://www.naturephotographers.net/index.html

beyond that., I just study the forums, and the photogs websites... I see their shots, and determine what they had to do to get them as best as possible., and look for inspiration.. like when I see your stuff.. gets me going!

Now I am sure I will be flooded with emails and phone calls helping me find the ever elusive Saw Whet.. right?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back