Some recent Macro work

Irishpub3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.northeastfoto.com
I'm new to macro work, started over the summer and have developed a real passion for it :heart: ...and I might as well confess right up front - I'm a girl - and I love bugs!! :lol:

Here's a few of my favorite shots... I would like to improve and would really appreciate any feedback, tips, comments, etc... thanks!!

These shots were all taken without a macro lens - I was using a 50mm 1.8 lens, and extension tubes - usually the 20mm...

DSC_9031edited2.jpg

DSC_3754edited2.jpg

DSC_5816edited2.jpg

DSC_5125edited2.jpg

DSC_6266edited.jpg

DSC_6105edited22.jpg

DSC_5706edited2.jpg

DSC_2996resized.jpg

DSC_7430edited2.jpg

Heya, Irishpub, welcome to ThePhotoForum.
Wow.
These macros are all PERFECT.
Absolutely perfect.
Totally WOW!!!
Impossible to name a favourite.

wow, indeed. you really seem to have a knack for macro... i wouldn't even know where to begin... but these are ALL really nice shots... welcome to tpf, and thanks for sharing! :thumbup:

welcome to the forum. I know nothing about shooting macro, so I can't offer up any tips.... however, I think that you did a great job here. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the comments everyone :hug::

I have developed such a passion for shooting macro, especially bugs, that I'm finding myself very depressed lately as all my subjects are dying off with the cold weather =( LOL

My favorite subjects have been bumblebees - they are awesome macro subjects (fuzzy cool detal that photographs well) and grasshoppers - they have such funny faces :D

I like 4, 6, 7. The subjects in these 3 pics stand out against the background more. great series.

Very fine Irishpub.
The #1 is my favourite. And hope that's your favourite too. You just got all the details. Eye colour, body gold, the bristles and the green leaves. You focus is very apt.
#3 is just awesome. Got everything right. Except that I would have prefered the right bottom(brown leaves) to out of focus, just to empasize the butterfly and the green leaves.
Ofcourse some parts of the flies in #2 and #6 are out of focus, which would have been much better if you had got them right.
Anyway, I love all of them (especially, because not great optics are behind the work, just and 50mm f/1.8). That's the beauty of it.
Looking forward for more of them.

WOW!!! nice werk... I like 6 and 7 the best from this series but they're all great!!!! Thanks for sharing champion...!!!

Most reactions

Back