Some recent seniors

well im glad this got bumped recently so I could see it - they are great work! My only comment is that #1 is over processed in her skin. She looks fake because of the smoothness. It's beautiful - but just about thiiis much overdone imho. :)

LOVE the snake shot.

I really like these. Great ideas. To me some the eyes are brightened just a bit too much though. There's a hint of "Children of the Damned" in their stare. ;) I mean they almost look too perfect in their whiteness and brightness.

old thread or not .... these shots are hot! loving the tones of #2... wanna share your conversion technique?????????? just gorgeous!!!

and i read that you use "nacon" and "kinon"... what cameras / lenses? sorry, but find your work sooooo inspiring and would love to know more. Obviously you are one enormous talent but wondering about your gear too. Sorry to be so nosey! but great work x

mavrik said:
well im glad this got bumped recently so I could see it - they are great work! My only comment is that #1 is over processed in her skin. She looks fake because of the smoothness. It's beautiful - but just about thiiis much overdone imho. :)

LOVE the snake shot.

thanks!

heh, i actually didn't do any skin smoothing on her at all. in fact i dont even think i did any cloning or retouching, she has beautiful skin.

jemmy said:
old thread or not .... these shots are hot! loving the tones of #2... wanna share your conversion technique?????????? just gorgeous!!!

and i read that you use "nacon" and "kinon"... what cameras / lenses? sorry, but find your work sooooo inspiring and would love to know more. Obviously you are one enormous talent but wondering about your gear too. Sorry to be so nosey! but great work x

thanks jemmy!

about the nacon, kinon thing. i more or less wrote that to debunk the whole 'canon vs. nikon' debate, since i view both camera systems as very good. people just worry a little too much about cameras and lenses and need to realize that the exact camera body and lens doesn't necessarily make the picture.

but (haha) in slight contradiction to myself, i will still let you know the equipment I used. I used a canon 20d for all of them. for numbers 1,3,6,7, and 9 I used a canon 85mm 1.8 - most likely around f/2.2-2.8 for all of them.

on the others i used a tamron 17-35 2.8-4, different apertures.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back