www.avapadgett.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Comments greatly appreciated.

IMG_4676.jpg

IMG_4657copy.jpg

IMG_4602copy.jpg

IMG_4594.jpg

Really great lighting and natural expressions. Her eyes stand out very well. I love the fun feel to the last photo as well. The only thing I find a little distracting is the wrinkles in the white backdrop. That's a matter of personal preference though :)

The wrinkles bother me as well because it's not actually wrinkles it's a design that ends up looking like wrinkles in the pictures, drives me crazy.

i just love the first, second, and last ones best...she is a beautiful model....
but the last one is so witty and very well done..

CrazyAva said:
The wrinkles bother me as well because it's not actually wrinkles it's a design that ends up looking like wrinkles in the pictures, drives me crazy.

Not to worry... shallower depth of field will make it all better. Increase the distance from the background to the subject if you have room.

Don't forget general retouching to take care of the shadows under the eyes.

NICE WORK! The butterfly lighting works well with her.

-Pete

The exposure looks pretty good in all of them, but I have never been a big fan of butterfly lighting, but to each his own. The first image (IMHO) is the best. In all of the others she is sitting straight up and down and straight up and down usually looks boring in a photograph. Leaning her body and tilting her head gives the image some action and prevents the static straight up and down 'Olin Mills' look, especially when using flat lighting.

Tally Ho

PhotoB said:
did you play with the saturation of the blue in the third one? Almost looks fake...
I don't know if you remember when I showed you these before when I first did them. I had to change the color of the cap to match the gown because I had rented them and the cap was navy and the gown was royal. So, yes I messed with the hue and saturation on the cap. However, I did not mess with the colors on the gown.........

Christie Photo said:
Not to worry... shallower depth of field will make it all better. Increase the distance from the background to the subject if you have room.

Don't forget general retouching to take care of the shadows under the eyes.

NICE WORK! The butterfly lighting works well with her.

-Pete
I am mobile so I work in limited space in people's living rooms. Some are larger than others. This one happened to be rather small. I only had half a foot between her and the backdrop.

Thank you for your compliments and suggestions!

Tally Ho said:
The exposure looks pretty good in all of them, but I have never been a big fan of butterfly lighting, but to each his own. The first image (IMHO) is the best. In all of the others she is sitting straight up and down and straight up and down usually looks boring in a photograph. Leaning her body and tilting her head gives the image some action and prevents the static straight up and down 'Olin Mills' look, especially when using flat lighting.

Tally Ho
Thank you very much for the compliment.

As for the 'Olin Mills' look, that's what they asked for. :lol: I gave them what they wanted.

I wanted to get a little more creative with it, but they were pretty stuck on the 'standard' portrait look. (with the exception of the last there was nothing out of the 'standard' frame at all)

Most reactions

Back