Some shots from a recent session - C&C welcome!

butterflygirl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photosbymcdonald.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all!

Here are some shots I took over the weekend for a Model Mayhem model - C & C always good- just trying to get better! Let me know what you think.

Please note: the watermark is just for Web viewing purposes only ;)

IMG_7298RT.jpg

IMG_7256RTcopy.jpg

IMG_7307RTBWcopy.jpg

IMG_7269RTcopy.jpg

IMG_7272RTBWcopy.jpg

I really like these. I'm not usre how I feel about the hat...but that's not your issue.

Also, in the last one, all detail in the hat is blown, so I would try and burn some back in.

All in all a good job on your part! :thumbsup:

I really like these. I'm not usre how I feel about the hat...but that's not your issue.

Also, in the last one, all detail in the hat is blown, so I would try and burn some back in.
All in all a good job on your part! :thumbsup:

Thanks for your comments! The hat is a little goofy, but it was what she wanted - I guess it doesn't bother me too much :sexywink: I will see what I can do about the blown out hat!

The last one is my favorite. I like how the hood frames the subject.

Thanks Richard! :)

I think that in #2, #3 & #4...her face is too dark. It might be her skin tone or the fact that a lot of the scene is bright...but still, I think the face could/should be brighter.

I like the closeness off the last one...but something is bugging me about that one. It's not very sharp and she looks 'blotchy'...if you know what I mean.

I think that in #2, #3 & #4...her face is too dark. It might be her skin tone or the fact that a lot of the scene is bright...but still, I think the face could/should be brighter.

I like the closeness off the last one...but something is bugging me about that one. It's not very sharp and she looks 'blotchy'...if you know what I mean.

I agree with you! I did think her face was a little dark - I'll have to work on that. She works at a tanning salon and is VERY tan for this time of year in MI - not that that means anything - :lmao: But she is a dark-skinned girl. Any suggestions on how to fix that?

i also agree with you on the last one - I thought she looked kind of blotchy too - I think I'm going to try using the patch or clone tool on it to see what kind of results I get. Hmmm...I don't know.

Thanks!

She works at a tanning salon and is VERY tan for this time of year in MI
That explains it.

i also agree with you on the last one - I thought she looked kind of blotchy too - I think I'm going to try using the patch or clone tool on it to see what kind of results I get. Hmmm...I don't know.
Maybe it's your B&W conversion...what method do you use and have you tried anything else for this shot?

That explains it.

Maybe it's your B&W conversion...what method do you use and have you tried anything else for this shot?

I basically just turn it to black and white in Photoshop CS3 then play with the levels. I haven't tried anything else with it, but I think it was a little grainy in color. I'm not sure why though. Hmm...I'm feeling very silly right now :blushing: I really don't have any explanation.

I shot at 100 ISO with a little fill flash. I believe I shot it with my 85 1.8. I'm still getting used to my new lens ;)

I like these a lot. I do agree about the last one and the splotchiness but i like the crop. It may be just the ones you picked to show here and I do love the use of different camera angles but I notice that you seem to be shooting lower than the subject a lot. I think thats cool but aside from that last one she seems to be looking down on you a lot. That's not bad but I didn't know if it's something you hadn't noticed. That stuff happens to me and I have no idea until someone points it out. Good job. :)

There is kind of a trick to making off-vertical images look right. The trick is to be sure some part of the subject returns to vertical. Like have the model tilt her head and then tilt the camera to the degree that her head is back to vertical. You came pretty close in #2, but the face is such a small part of the image and it's so dark that it looses the necessary strength. Give it a shot next time and see what you think.

I like these a lot. I do agree about the last one and the splotchiness but i like the crop. It may be just the ones you picked to show here and I do love the use of different camera angles but I notice that you seem to be shooting lower than the subject a lot. I think thats cool but aside from that last one she seems to be looking down on you a lot. That's not bad but I didn't know if it's something you hadn't noticed. That stuff happens to me and I have no idea until someone points it out. Good job. :)

Thanks! I do tend to shoot lower than my subjects. I think because I'm tall - about 5'10 - I feel I need to be lower or what. I just do it - maybe too much though :lmao: I need to pay more attention to that.

There is kind of a trick to making off-vertical images look right. The trick is to be sure some part of the subject returns to vertical. Like have the model tilt her head and then tilt the camera to the degree that her head is back to vertical. You came pretty close in #2, but the face is such a small part of the image and it's so dark that it looses the necessary strength. Give it a shot next time and see what you think.

Thanks to you also Michael - I see what you mean in 2 and I never thougth about it! I will definitely try that next time - it's so crazy to me how someone else can make you see something you didn't before.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back