Some shots from the Photokina in Cologne

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi there,
after spending two days at the Photokina in Cologne, I thought I maybe should share some of my impressions.

1: The new Köln-Messe
preview_photokina_011.jpg

2: One of my dreams ;)
preview_photokina_017.jpg

3: Canon as you might guess
preview_photokina_027.jpg

4: Outside
preview_photokina_030.jpg

5: One of them Canon girls
preview_photokina_041.jpg

Want more? Have a look at my Photokina gallery http://www.photoscapes.eu/special/photokina_06/

I don't dare to post them all on here as it might kill bandwidth of some people.

Great work. loving the top two architecturey style pics... cool perspective in the first and nice capture of light and shadow in the second!

The Canon floozy is cool too!

yes, I love the 17mm end of my lens ;)

there are more architectural style shots in my photokina-gallery, but I guess they are inferior to those I posted here ...

Your Photo 5 in your gallery is a nice architectural photo of the Messe, too! And I tried to load Photo 12 for a closer look but not all of them load, they only make the page jump back to Page 1 and the first photo :( (did not work with Photo 25, either, for that matter).

My father used to go to Photokina regularly way back in the Seventies or so, and later took my sister. But only my sister. I have never been. And nowadays he no longer feels he'd need to be there - and on my own??? From up here? Couldn't make myself...

But it looks like I missed out on something. Hmph. Too bad...

LaFoto,
some images don't load? That is strange ... and most annoying :(
Actually, you are the first one to tell me about this problem, it works nicely for everyone else who gave me feedback (different browsers and types of connection). Very strange. Can you try again?

Well, due to lack of time I did not program the gallery myself this time but let it be generated automatically. *sigh* Maybe on really never should do this.

Anyway, I've been there on 2 days, and it was really nice and HUGE. On the first day I got some serious brain overload from too many impressions after some hours. And on the second day I had problem finding some places again as the layout of the complex is a bit confusing and navigation can be hard ;)
Never saw so many people running around with nice cameras and lenses ;) And people would just walk up to you and ask you about your gear, advice, ...
I guess literally every photographic device could be seen there .. from normal cameras to large format, to printing large format, storage, studio and darkroom equipment. everything you could think of.

guess I should have placed this in the general gallery section ;)

Done for you (and I did not have time to re-check your site all day long - and don't have that time now, either, but since tomorrow is off work, too, I'll do that then, ok?)

LaFoto said:
Done for you (and I did not have time to re-check your site all day long - and don't have that time now, either, but since tomorrow is off work, too, I'll do that then, ok?)

Thanks!

As for the images not loading, the reason behind my question was, if it was random photographs causing the problem or specific ones .... now it appears it is random, and it affects some 5% of all people trying to access the page.

So no need for a complete investigation .. it just sucks great deal :(

chris82 said:
I love the first one,The lenses in no 3 scare me.

Nah, with the lenses, it depends on which side of them faces you.. if you see the front of the lens, then you should be scared... if you see the world through its backside, then everything is fine ;)

I tried navigating the site but most images kick me back to the first image instead of showing me the image I clicked on. Nice work though.

Eric

Yep...the lenses in 3 scare me :shock:

I like the first shot...the people in the foreground make me laugh

thanks both :)

the lenses do not scare me but make me drool :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back