Some shots in my backyard...

Phazan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got done with taking a bunch of photos around my backyard. Here are some of my favorites, tell me what you all think of them...

NOTE: These haven't been photoshoped...

IMG_1263.jpg

IMG_1257.jpg

I had to reach my hands way up in the tree to take this, and using a tripod wasn't possible so it's not as good as it could be. My Canon S3's flip screen really helps for things like this.
IMG_1270.jpg

IMG_1262.jpg

The first, so I think, has a bit too shallow a DOF, a stop or two down might have helped it to get all of the leaf in focus. A little "dance around the leaf" for a more favourable background could have helped that one, too ... with the leaf being a little out of the centre of the frame.

For Photo 2 I think I would have gone to get myself the ladder. I would have tried hard to avoid getting the garden wall into my frame as part of the background. I personally find that not only a little distracting now. Only the dark green of the tree ... that would have made the cherry (?) blossoms pop. (Where on this world there already are cherry blossoms on the trees? I mean, winter seems not to find us here, either, but the cherry blossoms are still hidden, for their own good, I should assume ;)!)

I like Photo 3.

And Photo 4 could be a tad sharper and it'd also be competing with 3! Nice colours in 4!! What does the histogramme say, could you not possibly up the highlights yet a bit?

^Thank you, for the advice, and comments! Number 3 is my favorite out of the bunch, glad to see you like it also.

Only in California (USA, but I'm sure you already knew that) can you find trees already blossoming! I love California!

Anyone else have comments on these?

Hey, I have a picture a lot like number 3. It's my favorite of yours also, like LaFoto said. Otherwise, the others don't do much for me. It's either your composition, or the fact that they haven't been edited, unlike most of the photos on here.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back