some stuff (warning ... adult content!!)

Dew

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i photographed this young lady last night, she wanted some mood style portraits and i experimented with some "nudie" stuff :oops: ... my first time working with a topless lady ... not sure if i'll do it again ... feel free to comment on it...

i used a softbox without flash, i used both a "regular" zoom lens and wide angle lens.. my shutter speed was around 2.5 for most, white balance 3000, iso 160 ... the last 2 i shot in Raw mode, so their a little more "rustic" looking...

delea1.jpg

delea2.jpg

delea3.jpg

delea4.jpg

Olympus E20 digital (5MP)

Nice work for a first attempt at this stuff!! Why would you not do it again, I'm curious - was it weird? I like the lighting on #2 and 4 the best. #3 seems a litlte on the dark side overall, but I like the composition - did you set her up or let her do what she felt comfortable with? I would not know how to begin, I fear. I think #4 overall is the best. She should love it!! :thumbsup:

i dont know ... when i was editing the pics, it felt a little weird :lol: ... i found myself cropping most of her breast out of the pic :oops: ... #2 went a little further down .. but i cropped it off ... im not there yet :oops: ... it felt like "ooooooooooo, bad girl" :shock:

I think I'd feel the same way, at first. Well, now that you've busted your cherry, so to speak, it might be easier next time. :wink: I just looked again and #4 really is beautiful, Dew!

terri said:
Well, now that you've busted your cherry, so to speak, it might be easier next time.

This is why i come to the boards....

Great shots dew!!!!! I think the breast shot is very appropriate an not to be dirty at all!!

md

i wouldnt mind doing some where the subject is naked, but strategically covered with a blanket or something ... total nudes? .. i dunno :? ... im just happy she wasnt feeling really frisky and pulled her bottoms off :shock: *whew* ... and just think, my hubby was in the next room .... hmmmmm, perhaps he was peeking :taped sh:

I really like #1. I also like #4 a lot, but I'd like to see a bit of fill or reflector in the face.

Number four is the best IMHO. I think it's most successful as it's not really about the breast..they just happen to be there. It also happens to be the only one where she's not looking into the camera. Take note of that as that it conveys two very different messages.

Congrats on trying it at least...we are so conditioned to be ashamed that it's really pitiful. There is nothing NOTHING more beautiful than the female body.

Metro: On your last statement - I respectfully beg to differ with you, sir. :wink:

The first is definatly my fav, and I like the last one also. The 1st one the lighting is perfect, I love to see refelction in eyes, it shows their alive. And the last one the light is in all the right places.

Excellent work Dew.

I really like the first one. I love the way the texture of her skin looks in b/w, it's just amazing. And the texture of her hair as well, in that lock that falls over her face. And it's a great little smirk that really works best when close-up. I don't think it works (for me!) in the 2nd shot.

When you say shutter speed of 2.5, do you mean 250? It can't be 2.5 seconds!

2.5 of a second = a half and a quarter of a second

sometimes i use 250, but only when i use flash with 2 slave lights ... it was too fast for the dimness in the room and her skin tone

just want to let u guys know, she was very pleased with the portraits, i told her to pick three 8x10's (which was included in the package) .. she picked 10 :shock: ... i took quite a bit, some may end up in my exhibits

Most reactions

Back