Some track day pictures (motorcycles)

dry3210

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was at the track riding and had some time between lunch and my session and got some pictures of the other two groups. C&C?

index.php

(Probably not best to do portrait?)

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

I always feel like my pictures lack color. :idk:

I was at the track riding and had some time between lunch and my session and got some pictures of the other two groups. C&C?

index.php

(Probably not best to do portrait?)

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

I always feel like my pictures lack color. :idk:

All your shots look good to me, bud. I work at a racetrack, too, during the summer. I get to take shots of the bikes when I'm working as a corner marshal. Pretty sweet. :)

Going to agree with Gsgary, photos are a tad soft.

i had some friends at njmp this past week. i was there last august, awesome place. there is a guy there eventphotonow.com n he takes pics. he is a good guy.

they seems to be in focus except for #1

They are a bit soft, but nothing so bad that it makes them bad captures. I like them

They are a bit soft, but nothing so bad that it makes them bad captures. I like them

Are you on drugs, they are way off focus

woah slow down there cowboy. before you start hammering this guy about focusing issues and putting up some pics for comparison, consider what equipment this guy had versus the equipment that those other photographers used, the distance b/t him and the bikers, and other factors.

i like these shots, even though indeed they aren't nail sharp. i do however think #5 is pretty close to being nail sharp

I don't know why you are ignoring gsgary advice, he is one of the busiest, most experienced and one of the best event photographers operating in the UK today. His opinion whether he is complimenting you or berating you should be valued more highly, than someone who hasn't been working in the industry for more than 10 years and who over the cricket season can take upto 50,000 frames with a 99.99% keep rate. (I'll leave you to do the maths on that one)

consider what equipment this guy had versus the equipment that those other photographers used, the distance b/t him and the bikers, and other factors.

You've got to set yourself a standard. Even if your just using a point and shoot at what time do you just say this is a photo that is to bad to upload. If you want people to look at your work and think thats a good job, then don't upload an out of focus photo. There just isn't any excuse for it.

I don't know why you are ignoring gsgary advice, he is one of the busiest, most experienced and one of the best event photographers operating in the UK today. His opinion whether he is complimenting you or berating you should be valued more highly, than someone who hasn't been working in the industry for more than 10 years and who over the cricket season can take upto 50,000 frames with a 99.99% keep rate. (I'll leave you to do the maths on that one)

consider what equipment this guy had versus the equipment that those other photographers used, the distance b/t him and the bikers, and other factors.

You've got to set yourself a standard. Even if your just using a point and shoot at what time do you just say this is a photo that is to bad to upload. If you want people to look at your work and think thats a good job, then don't upload an out of focus photo. There just isn't any excuse for it.

I have gone red and embarassed, i wouldn't describe myself like that but i had another look at #5 and just had a very quick play with it, one thing it could do with is a bit more room infront of the bike
preview__mg_0331-M.jpg

Most reactions

Back