some wedding brush work

bitteraspects

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
trying something different for these clients. let me know what you think

duplicate_image_for_effect.jpg

20D566v2_001.jpg

Well I like the border in the first photo but I don't think it fits too well in the second one. Thats just what I think anyways.

thanks. thats what im looking for. what people think. if its not really appealing, then i wont bother giving it to them. (or maybe ill just give it to them in addition so they can pick one or two if they like them.

please keep em coming

Like I always say, I know nothing as far as photography but I do know stuff as a person looking at something. lol
I loke the first one a whole lot but the second one is too thick I think or something. It just wasn't as appealing as the first one.

In the first one...I like the brush effect on the sides...but not at the top.

The 2nd one, I think the effect is just too strong...it distracts from he subject.

i don't like it on either.

i'll give you a trick i use, paint a black rectangle on a piece of paper, photograph or scan it, make it solid black and white or close and make a custom shape out of it, now you have a cool, realistic brushed border.

or you can just use the black and white image as a layer or mask, leaving you what you want.

I Dont like it in either... Kind of takes away from the photo...

Honestly, I'm not crazy about the effect. With the first one, I found myself looking for the sky. It quite possibly could have worked on the sides but the top was just too much white.

As far as the second one, it still doesn't truly work for me...I almost think both these shots were better left olone. It looked as though they were beautiful without

Have you tryed this effect on a less "busy" shot?? Perhaps the bride by herself?

I like the first one but the second is too.. harsh or something. It takes away from the subject majorly.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back