Some Wedding Reception Pictures

MohaimenK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok so I work for a florist. Well their office. But lately because of holidays sometimes they ask me to help take some flowers out to clients. We do small weddings so my boss asked me to to take the wedding flowers w/ his wife to the hotel for the reception. He knows I'm into photography so he told me yesterday to bring my gear. Well, I figured I get some shots for my website :) No people so doesn't matter. He said he'll send me more often so I can get more shots for the website and also they'd use the flower pictures for their website. Win win

None of these were w/ flash. Just cranked up the ISO. I was picturing myself as being their actual photographer. Thinking "what kindda shots would help me for putting their album together??" LOL SO LAME! Yes I know!

5310800434_57ee6f19d0_z.jpg

5310800398_f2fa4479df_z.jpg

5310211271_29d508c165_z.jpg

5310800354_0c76b33015_z.jpg

5310211237_e0462af031_z.jpg

5310817296_f51725c1f1_z.jpg

7. Same but in color
5310228271_58a2054bf2_z.jpg

8. My boss's wife holding the flower arrangement haha
5310211205_2fbee3d843_z.jpg

9. GONE :)

5310800262_f8f65e1036_z.jpg

5310211151_d16ecc41c2_z.jpg

12. GONE! :)

5310211055_0f13c1023b_z.jpg

Last edited:
I'd dump #12 and #9 personally, but otherwise, I think you did pretty well here. :)

They look nice man. Take a tripod next time. For tabletop shots like those, it can really make a big difference.

1020254778_F2xcf-M-2.jpg

Always watch for details that aren't on the tables too haha. I knew the bride was obsessed with these bows so I made sure to shoot them.

1020254222_o4shd-S-2.jpg

Not saying mine are better at all, yours are great. Just bouncing ideas at you.

Thanks! Yeah I wasn't too crazy about 9 and 12 either so they are gone :)

Destin, VERY good advice!!! I didn't think of that! I was trying to hurry up because since I was still working I didn't want to take too many shots that didn't involve flowers. But that's very good idea. I will keep in mind. I like your shots! Out of these, I'd probably use 2 tops for my website. 1-4 tops for the album if I was to make one.

They look nice man. Take a tripod next time. For tabletop shots like those, it can really make a big difference.

Always watch for details that aren't on the tables too haha. I knew the bride was obsessed with these bows so I made sure to shoot them.

1020254222_o4shd-S-2.jpg

Not saying mine are better at all, yours are great. Just bouncing ideas at you.

Most obnoxious watermark EVER. :thumbdown:

Nice work! I really liked the set overall :) I prefer the color version of #6, myself. I'd just pop out the blacks a little bit more in it.

Nice Mo. Also try to take shots at weird angles, meaning not from the same POV where people stand and sit. These are with your 24-105?

Rausch, Thanks!

SL yeah 24-105. I didn't know I was supposed to take them to the hotel. Originally I was supposed to take few shots at the shop of the arrangements but its cool. Wish I had the 16-35 on me.

i like #2 better than #3, not sure why yet, but it should hit me soon

but other than that they all look great. good work :thumbup:

I like #6 a lot - I like the color version also but the B&W did something for me. Really good shots, especially knowing you were limited on time to compose.

Mo, very nice. Very, very nice. The only thing I would suggest is to get a bit lower, in other words shoot more level with ideas like #1, #10, #11. Here's why:

#1 - You don't need the ceiling, and its not a nice one (acoustical tile)

#10 - I'd have tried the B&G more of the portrait than a statue.

#11 - More like #10 influence, the cake is the tower, not an item on a table.

#4 - Crop it a bit more

#8 - See if you can make the backgound less even with the subject, drop it out a bit.

#5 - Can go if it were up to me

#13, slight crop right side.

They are so sharp and well lit I want to scream for joy!

Ok so I work for a florist. Well their office. But lately because of holidays sometimes they ask me to help take some flowers out to clients. We do small weddings so my boss asked me to to take the wedding flowers w/ his wife to the hotel for the reception. He knows I'm into photography so he told me yesterday to bring my gear. Well, I figured I get some shots for my website :) No people so doesn't matter. He said he'll send me more often so I can get more shots for the website and also they'd use the flower pictures for their website. Win win

None of these were w/ flash. Just cranked up the ISO. I was picturing myself as being their actual photographer. Thinking "what kindda shots would help me for putting their album together??" LOL SO LAME! Yes I know!

No, not lame at all. Pretty cool idea and since your boss is willing to help you, take advantage of it. Ask him to try and let you know in advance so you can bring the right gear.

Now, I would skip the overall room shots unless the room itself is very nice because the emptiness of it looks a bit weird. Focus on details instead. #3 is much better than #1 for example.

#7 could have been quite cool if the card was readable and the disposable camera was obvious. And you could have put one of the flower arrangements in the frame... Same with #10 and 11. Flowers would have helped quite a lot.

But this makes me wonder... Through the flower shop, don't you have contacts in the business that can help you?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back