Keith Gebhardt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.frombeyondmedia.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok.. im about to kill myself.

My D200, which ive saved up since i was 12 (now 16) that i bought about a year ago... still covered with warrenty and extended warrenty by nikon. GOT DRENCHED.

My and a couple buddies of mine went riding quads to a really isolated, beautiful place to get pictures. and i when we were done, put the quads in reverse to back up. Problem was, my throttle stuck and everything went in.

About $6000 worth of camera equipment.

The thing im worried about mostly is the camera itself.

What do i do?????????? Please i cant afford another one, or anything to be perfectly honest. This camera was my life. I need it to work :confused:!

I am sorry to say I think they are broke and no Nikon warranty will cove them. I would suggest when you do go to get them repaired send them to Nikon and plead your case mabye they will have some sympathy on you.

As stated, don't turn it on. Remove battery and lens and dry any visible moisture. Place items in a box with several ounces of silica gel in a separate container. Container should have holes or no lid so gel can absorb moisture from air in the box. (BTW if you're near a Cabel's they have silica gel in nice little pre-made units.) Seal box and leave for at least a week. After a week, check items for any fogging or visible moisture, if so back in the box for a week. Once the unit appears bone dry, install the battery and try it. If it doesn't fire up, it's off to Nikon repair. Now that's if the camera fell into fresh water. If salt water, you're boned.

thanks everyone.. but its done. completely wasted. ill be pickin up d300 in spring somtime. if i get the cash.

you think itll sell on ebay for parts?

When you say it's done, what exactly is done about it. If you didn't turn it on until dry, nothing should be fried. If it simply won't work, it may still be repairable. Look in your local phone book and see if a small repair service might have sympathy on you. Worth a shot.

Get personal property insurance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The best advice of the thread. :)

Since we own an art gallery and my camera equipment is necessary for that business, all my equipment is covered under our business insurance, but I also have a insurance rider for it under my homeowner's policy as well.

A friend of mine, an artist, had her home go up in flames. No insurance to cover her art.

Make sure you are covered.

Marian

Most reactions

Back