Someone take my bank book

uplander

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Please!!!
Just pulled the trigger on another lens and a battery grip for my 40D.
Ordered a Canon EF 24-70 f/2.8 L to fill the last gap in my lens kit...I think:sexywink:
Looks like I covered it now
Tokina 11-16 f/2.8
Canon EF 24-70 f/2.8L
Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM
Canon EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
Canon EF 400 f/2.8L IS USM
Canon EF 2X II TC
Kenko Pro 300 1.4 TC

I thought I needed a little present after proposing to my longtime S.O. and popping for a ring that reduced her to tears last weekend.

OMG I'm getting married again!!!
Me thinks I need an intervention:lol:

Last edited:
haha Congrats on the new lens - but marrage? you know that is serisouly going to limit your photo money and time!
;)

Good luck with things - have fun :)

haha Congrats on the new lens - but marrage? you know that is serisouly going to limit your photo money and time!
;)

Good luck with things - have fun :)

That's why you buy all the toys now.....

i regret not buying some things before I got married. . .now that I am, I have been "forced" to push those expenses out. . .sigh. . .the single days. . .and I've only been married for 9 months, loL!

There's still a gap you missed between 16mm and 24mm. Oh my what will you do?
I suggest a 20mm prime.

On the other front, I suppose congratulations are in order. All the best.

Congratulations! When will you be adding the 5D Mk.II and EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM to the list?

Please!!!
Just pulled the trigger on another lens and a battery grip for my 40D.
Ordered a Canon EF 24-70 f/2.8 L to fill the last gap in my lens kit...I think:sexywink:
Looks like I covered it now
Tokina 11-16 f/2.8
Canon EF 24-70 f/2.8L
Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM
Canon EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
Canon EF 400 f/2.8L IS USM
Canon EF 2X II TC
Kenko Pro 300 1.4 TC

I thought I needed a little present after proposing to my longtime S.O. and popping for a ring that reduced her to tears last weekend.

OMG I'm getting married again!!!
Me thinks I need an intervention:lol:

I hate to break the news, but you have several gaps in your lens lineup. :lol: I still have gaps in mine as well. Besides someone has to stimulate the economy. :lol::lol:

People still have bank books?

Congrats on the marriage!
I've been married just over 100 years now and I'm starting to get comfortable with it.
Well...I'm starting to accept it ;)

wait a sec you have a massive gap in that lens list
no macro!
not even tubes or a bellows!!

wait a sec you have a massive gap in that lens list
no macro!
not even tubes or a bellows!!

That wasn't a complete list, I have another body (10D) several more lenses, a full set of extension ring, 3 tripods (Manfrotto, Gitzo and a cheapy), WimberlyII head, RC322 head, Pixma 9000 printer cable release CF cards yada,yada,yada.

I'll never have all that I want but felt the above lineup had only a small gap (16-24) but that's workable. 16-70 is where I didn't have what I would call a really sharp lens so the 24-70 fills most of the gap.

I like to shoot available light so I like getting the fastest lenses I can get.

I'd like a macro, a T.S. and a 600 or 800 prime along with several other fast short primes, so never a lack of wanting.

People still have bank books?

Congrats on the marriage!
I've been married just over 100 years now and I'm starting to get comfortable with it.
Well...I'm starting to accept it ;)

Second time around for the both of us. Were both over 50 and pretty much comfortable financially. Photo gear is something I award myself as I find a need and justify it as contributing ( as in income) or a pat on the back for success in another area.

I've been with MB for over 6 years now, we built a house together several years ago and felt it made sense to make it official in the eyes of the Gov.

Thanks for the congrats.

no 300mm f2.8 prime?

if you ever give up just remember my name - I can give a good home to the kit :)

Most reactions

Back