Chris of Arabia

Herding cats since 1988...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a couple of post-processing treatments I did on a photo by Joannablu (Joanna Blusiewicz) a Polish photographer I got know though my flickr account. It was taken from the same shoot as a photograph entitled Cold Whisper taken on 2nd February this year. Joanna kindly let me have a few images to work with that haven't been seen previously and this is what I came up with.

Something Borrowed I

Something Borrowed II

Original photography © Joanna Blusiewicz
Post-processing by Chris of Arabia

I think on balance, #2 just shades it for me too, though I know Joanna likes them both. I'm hopeful I'll get the opportunity to work with some of her stuff again.

a lens hood or friendly hand shading the lens from the sun would do worlds for this photo. There is a lot of contrast lost around her face because of the lens flair, which isn't doing anything for me... just my 2 cents!

I understand the comment and if it were my own photography, I would no doubt do something exactly so. In this instance though, it's very much her photograph and the point you raise is something of a feature of her style. I don't mind it too much at all as it happens, but then having seen rather a lot of her stuff, I may just be used to it, though it does make the PP that much harder.

Robert, I did explain why that thread got closed down here, and it wasn't for posting photos you didn't take if you'll recall

This isn't really the place for it, but I'm happy for you to take this to the Feedback forum or to PM if you wish, but I would refer to the highlighted text below:

"You agree to only post images and/or other material to which you have exclusive copyright, or permission from the copyright holder that you are able to present to TPF Staff. Under no circumstances will any instance of copyright infringement be tolerated."

I can demonstrate that I have the necessary permission from the person who took the image to display the work, and I have made it as clear as I possibly can where the copyright for the original image rests, both here and on flickr.

With that said, I'd prefer the thread to get back to its original purpose if we can.

Most reactions

Back