Something in the air

maxalmon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've nver been much of a B&W person, but this one was interesting.
a0370001.jpg

Shadow is such a ham, I grab the camera and she starts acting crazy....I was on this kick to try and capture her eyes with this series. Not the best image, but interesting

a0990001.jpg

omg. that last one is so cute!

Her eyes in the last one are sooo sad, but it makes for a great pic!

LOVE LOVE LOVE that last picture!!!! Just look at her eyes.:lovey: And, all those adorable puppies.:lovey: Boxers are my favorite pups...well, next to old english bulldogs.;)

I think the first one needs to be cropped some. 2nd one is nice and the 3rd one is classic. She doesn't look very happy ha but it makes for a funny picture

Cute photos, especially the last one. Shadow's eyes in the last photo looked so sad, I bet she wasn't in the food that time to feed her little babies.:wink: Nice job.

I've been playing around with NX2 program, I'm somewhat limited with what I can do with this image as it was taken several months ago when I was still shooting in full auto. I played around with reducing the intense white on the chest and paws, toned down the pool deck as much as possible and tried to increase the contrast on the blacks. C&C
a037crop.jpg

The last one is great! The puppies are so adorable. I like it.

Food, mood, :confused:

Cool shots! I would have dropped down to separate the face from the back, yeah right! Like there was time for that!

I was talking to a photog tonight about overexposure and how it is not always bad. The clamping you have done to the whites in this crop has compromised the image in my opinion, and the 'fully' exposed areas are not unpleasant in that first image, especially in a sharp B&W like this.

BTW the highlight portion of the shadow/ highlight tool might recover some shape in the highlights better. It looks like you limited the whites with levels, where a slight curve adjustment may have sufficed. Just guessing.

Lucky she is yours to shoot some more, and you are out of auto mode - probably aperture priority now.

Adorable really sums it up, thanks for posting :)

-Shea

I too LOVE the last one....and I like the crop you did to the 1st one as well!!

Food, mood, :confused:

Cool shots! I would have dropped down to separate the face from the back, yeah right! Like there was time for that!

I was talking to a photog tonight about overexposure and how it is not always bad. The clamping you have done to the whites in this crop has compromised the image in my opinion, and the 'fully' exposed areas are not unpleasant in that first image, especially in a sharp B&W like this.

BTW the highlight portion of the shadow/ highlight tool might recover some shape in the highlights better. It looks like you limited the whites with levels, where a slight curve adjustment may have sufficed. Just guessing.

Lucky she is yours to shoot some more, and you are out of auto mode - probably aperture priority now.

Adorable really sums it up, thanks for posting :)

-Shea

Most of what you speak is alien to me, LOL...I've never had any training on PS or NX2 (didn't come with a manual) so I'm kinda stumbling thru all the controls, more of a "wow, cool, look what that did...ah crap, now the image suxs"

Trying to find out if the local CC has a night class on any of the photoshop programs, as I have absolutley no clue as to what I'm doing with these programs.

Yes, I've now advanced to "A" mode, your perceptions are freakishly correct.

My marine macro images are dead on, but most of that is positioning and playing with lighting to capture true colors

Most reactions

Back