Something Interesting For Flickr Users

Miaow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
s7.invisionfree.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Was just looking around on the net and found this article on a local news site. Thought people would be interested in it :)

Flickr, a popular online photo-sharing site owned by Yahoo, is teaming up with Getty Images to offer shutterbugs a chance to turn their hobby into a moneymaking endeavor.
Whole article here...Flickr Users Hit Paydirt

Not to be cynical but when one tries to be the solution to everthing they become the problem for everyone.

There are purpose made sites for various things, and I used to think flickr was purpose made for posting photos online with no fuss. There's RedBubble for selling prints, iStock for stock photography, and I'm sure there would be a source for this somewhere already.

I predict that we will see more cases of that Virgin advert, where people don't understand the licensing agreements or apply the CreativeCommons without reading it and either end up losing their work or having photos of them used commercially against their will.

I predict that we will see more cases of that Virgin advert, where people don't understand the licensing agreements or apply the CreativeCommons without reading it and either end up losing their work or having photos of them used commercially against their will.
I whole heartedly agree. Not much good will likely come from this development.

Makes me want to get a Flickr account. To me Getty is top rung on the photo buyer ladder.

Flickr is a huge database of images. The trend of perusing Flickr by art directors has already started. Getty is just looking to the future. And why not. There is a lot of good work and hungry photographers on that site. Plus Getty would never tarnish their reputation. May bring some order to things.

Love & Bass

Most reactions

Back