Meysha

still being picky Vicky
Reaction score
Website
vickywall.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone,
Would you please be able to give me a hand with this picture. I really like it, but I think it's missing something. I just turned and snapped this pic because it was the only bit of blue sky we've had for days! I haven't changed anything on it, but I do want to cut the little guy from the bottom left pathway.

Plus I don't know why the clouds always look like this in my photos. It's not too bad in this shot, but usually it's like they're too bright and there's no detail. I'll try and find an example. And, the sky is really weird! It's like the camera couldn't choose a colour so went,,, ok this half will be this colour and the other half this colour! When in fact, the sky was actually closer to the top colour. humpf! I dunno. weird.

Cheers,
Vicky

Place St Pierre, Toulouse.

StPierreSky.jpg

heres my try. sorry if it sucks.
StPierreSky.jpg

ps. if youy want me to take it down, feel free to ask, some people are particular about there work being reposted.

md

The sky can be tricky...I find that it rarely has a uniform color when photographed. A polarizing filter will help to give the sky better color & the clouds a little more contrast.

As for the overall photo...it seems that the primary subject is the one building that is visible above the trees...but it's not all that easy to see and not very interesting from so far away. It's also right in the middle of the frame.

The water, wall & trees are kind of dark and colorless...maybe if they were brighter the photo would have more balance. I think the sky looks great and would be a nice background for a nicer foreground. Maybe in the spring when the trees are green.

I like the version you put up MDowdey, especially what you did to the boring old 'dead' trees. The clouds seem to stand out from the sky as well a bit more.

But yeah, I'm really disappointed with the sky shots I'm getting on this camera. And I can't put any filters on it. Ah well, you get what you pay for.

This is what the selective color tool is great for! Create an selective color adjustment layer and select the cyan channel. Drag the black slider up to darken the sky. You can do the same to the blue channel for a more dramatic effect.

Is it possible to fry the CCD cell in a camera? I was taking photos of the sun through clouds the other day and got some whacked out things happening afterwards... like everything went purple as if I still had a white balance setting on. The problem sorted itself a bit after I took a pic of something black.

oh and here's my own fun version of my photo. he he. I've finally found a use for the polar coordinates feature.

PICT3601%20copy.jpg

MDowdey said:
heres my try. sorry if it sucks.
StPierreSky.jpg

ps. if youy want me to take it down, feel free to ask, some people are particular about there work being reposted.

md

Don't ever be sorry for anything in your own thread. Everyone's here to help. Repost and repost and repost. Any feedback helps. Some people just think others have to :hail: them, pay no attention.

Do yourself a real favour and invest in a polarising filter. You will get more detail and bluer skys along with better saturated color most espeacilly during sunny days. Nice photo by the way.

So far I like voodoocat's remix the most. The others were too saturated. A polarizer deffinatly would have helped here. I think the original just looks too flat. Try a change in levels and contrast with some selective saturation increase.

SLOShooter said:
So far I like voodoocat's remix the most. The others were too saturated. A polarizer deffinatly would have helped here. I think the original just looks too flat. Try a change in levels and contrast with some selective saturation increase.

Yeah I agree. I like it the best too. And also about the polarizer. However, I can't put a polarizer on my camera, because it's just an el cheapo digital and there's nowhere to put the filter on... unless I hold my sunnies up in front of the lens. It's a Konica Minolta X20, I just quickly googled a site if you wanna look at it. http://www.digitalcamera-hq.com/minolta-dimage-x20-reviews.html

It's my "always-have-in-the-handbag- camera-coz-I-never-know- when-a- snap-will- come-along" camera.

Well the selective color method is great when you don't have a polarizer :D
I also added contrast using curves.

Most reactions

Back