Something other than a wedding for once (7 photos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alison

Swiss Army Friend
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
fatephoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These photos are from a family shoot I did a few weeks ago. Specs are:
10D + either the 50mm or the 100mm macro. Shot at 1pm on a very hot day! Only other equipment used was Hobbes28 standing to the side holding a reflector. Additional photos from the shoot can be viewed HERE

IMG_3459.jpg

IMG_3499.jpg

IMG_3505sepoa.jpg

4. A very rare color photo from me!
IMG_3529.jpg

IMG_3583bw.jpg

IMG_3589bw.jpg

IMG_3592bw.jpg

Amazing!My favirot is #2. Cant wait to try that with my little boy.

Oh gosh, Alison, those are precious! I bet the family was SO thrilled! The first one is amazing, I"m sure they'll treasure it for years to come.

I also loved the sepia toned one of them holding the baby and walking. They're all great! :)

Thanks for the comments everyone! The parents loved these shots (they actually won a gift certificate that we donated to a charity auction). John, I agree about the space in #1. Unfortunately the little girl wasn't in a very smiley mood and she smiled as they were getting into the seated position and her expression was the best of the bunch from that series.

Great work, Alison - I've no doubt they're thrilled. :thumbup: I agree with what John is saying about the dark space on #1, but that's a minor nitpick, something I doubt the clients even perceived. #2 is especially sweet! :)

Great work. I love them all, although my favorite is number 7. Its very hard to shoot is harsh light sometimes...you did a good job here.

#5 and 6 :thumbsup:
I like the first one in sepia.

Thanks everyone! It was certainly a technical challenge to get pleasing lighting with the sun directly overhead! My personal favorites were the last ones, the one with her and her father.

Only other equipment used was Hobbes28 standing to the side holding a reflector

that sounds as a really useful equipment... where can I get this one?? :p

and number 5 is just really neat :p

Allison,

Very nice pose on the family. It appears to me that had you had moved them camera left six feet but kept them the same distance from the tree, the tree's shadow would have prevented the big blobs of sunlight streaking across Mom's arm, Dad's head and leg. Also his leg sticking straight out looks bad IMHO.

Tally Ho

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't you have been shooting into the sun if you'd moved left six feet? Personally, I'd rather have the little bits of sun than to have a back lit situation. Also, I'm also assuming that that would have been the approximate position of Hobbes28 and the reflector as well. I think it's great as is! Nice work Alison on all of these. I especially like #2. :thumbsup:

photogoddess said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't you have been shooting into the sun if you'd moved left six feet? Personally, I'd rather have the little bits of sun than to have a back lit situation. Also, I'm also assuming that that would have been the approximate position of Hobbes28 and the reflector as well. I think it's great as is! Nice work Alison on all of these. I especially like #2. :thumbsup:

No, perhaps you need to reread my posting. I suggested moving the family to camera left about six feet (and the camera was well). Then they would have been in the shadow of that big tree and there would have not been those huge streaks of sunlight across their bodies. Sun streaks across peoples faces or skin is a sure sign the photographer was not paying attention to the lighting. As was mentioned before the word 'photograph' means 'light drawn' or 'light written.'

Tally Ho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back