Something showing up in pictures.

MightyLeeMoon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.transmissionfields.com
Maybe this is a better forum for this....not quite sure. In any case here are a couple pictures I took at a show last night. I didn't do any processing other than just an Auto-Levels:

Glen-01.jpg

singer-01.jpg

What the heck is that green line? It started showing up in my pictures last night.

I use a Nikon D50. The first picture was taken with the 50mm 1.8 lens. And the second picture was taken with the Quantaray 70-300 lens.

The line is showing up in the exact same spot for each picture.

Has anyone seen or heard about anything like that before?

Also...I just tested my camera with my 18-55 lens with the cap on...and this thing still showed up in the picture. :x

Probably just my monitor, but I can't actually see any green line... but anyhoo... if it's showing up on all your shots, with different lenses, and even shots taken with lens cap on, then it sounds like there's a problem with your sensor... If its still under warranty, take it back to the shop you got it from and get them to take a look.

i see the line. maybe a dirty sensor but the line looks to straight. maybe a narrow thread or something (im just guessing now). id get that checked out.

i forgot i had this thread going on this issue as well.

but...everything ended well. there was a problem with the sensor matrix. i bought the camera at wolf camera and took it back to them to see if they would send it out to nikon for repair.

they did one better.

they took the camera back and gave me a brand new one.
i have been giving mad props to wolf camera to everyone i know.

now...for those who can't see the line....it has a bright spot which is a cluster of bad spots...and then there is a line, which is literally pixel on top of pixel...1 pixel wide, all the way to the edge from that spot.

i posted a thread about it here as well:
http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54874

but i'll pose the question here as well...since i am a little concerned. does this sony sensor have a reputation for going bad? is it likely that even this new camera will develop the same problem?

Philip Weir said:
Hi "MightyLeeMoon" I don't wish to be personal, but in your ICON, there are two guys that are doing something that looks immoral or at the least indecent. Is it a new way to increase male prowess ???

;-)

As j_mcquillen mentioned, it is from the film The Big Lebowski. They are at a bowling alley polishing/drying their bowling balls.

It is a must see film! :lol:

i have a d50, have shot over 7000 pictures with it, and never had a prob other than dust (my fault) and i have never heard about this anywhere eles, so i wouldn't worry bout it

Most reactions

Back