Something to put on the kitchen wall....

Onemarshboy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
...but how can I improve the shot.
Wanted to take a shot that looked a bit funky and one i could maybe print and put up in the kitchen.
This is my first attempt. Thoughts?
Or can anyone suggest shots they've taken and put up.....

cheers

Rob

4029324029_cf094539a5.jpg

I think it works just like it is. Great stock photo.

Could have used a longer focal length. That glass in the background is a little disctracing but it's still pretty good

~Michael~

thanks Michael - yeah i know, it is distracting. It's a sub from a Harmon Kardon speaker set.....come to think of it...its actually a pretty cool looking thing - might shoot that! :lol:

Not really the sort of thing i can crop out is it.... i'd be just as well moving it and taking the shot again!

thanks Michael - yeah i know, it is distracting. It's a sub from a Harmon Kardon speaker set.....come to think of it...its actually a pretty cool looking thing - might shoot that! :lol:

Not really the sort of thing i can crop out is it.... i'd be just as well moving it and taking the shot again!

You can clone that out using the cloning brush.

Well... I have Aperture, so i could use that but TBH i'm not sure i'd be able to do it well enough so it wasn't noticeable. I'll give it a go tho.

Well... I have Aperture, so i could use that but TBH i'm not sure i'd be able to do it well enough so it wasn't noticeable. I'll give it a go tho.

I think if you just blurred out some of the shiny stuff it would be fine. It's the shiny stuff that's distracting, so replacing those white areas with a rust color would be fine.

Ok - I'm on my phone at the mo but when I get back to my comp I'll give it a go. Thanks for the advice.

Is the wine rack actually in your kitchen?

A photo in the kitchen, of something that was also in the kitchen would be kinda weird.

Ha ha - that's a good point Josh! It's actually not, technically I don't have a kitchen at the moment...I moved 3 months ago, ripped out the kitchen and the new one is going in now.

I am far from an expert, on wine or photography, but the first thing that jumped out at me is the yellow tint and the overall brightness of the photo...I guess when I think of wine racks I think of cellars and an overall dark atmosphere...unless its a lone bottle in bucket of ice.

Maybe do it in grey scale, desaturate the yellows, or make it grey scale but leave the bottles in color. A slight vignette to isolate the image?

Just my 2 cents.

white balance needs to be adjusted... has the yellow hue of incandescent lights...

the glass thing in the back needs to be moved

other than that... if you like it... put it up.. .it's for YOU after all :p

Nice try but I m going to be honest here and tell you that you can do better!! Wine is such a fun photo topic! Think a little outside the box.

Line the bottles up
Get some glasses out
Pour it
Spill it....lol
Swish it around in a glass
Now its your turn....lots of ideas out there!!

thanks for all the tips to 'tinker' with the shot guys - i'll give them a go!

HaHa Mishele - thanks for your misguided judgement of me being able to do better! :lol:
I'll have a play and see if i can come up with something more to your liking.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back