Somethings Missing

Protean

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.invokeit.deviantart.com
ok, heres teh picture. it looks great, but i just feel like there's something missing, if you'd like to see the original, or play with it a bit, just give me your email and it'll be off

index.php

I agree, it looks great technically, but it just doesn't quite do it for me. I think my problem with it is that it reminds me of the windows xp default wallpaper :lol: And maybe the horizon is a bit too close to centered???? Aside from that, the picture is excellent, keep up the good work!

Welcome to Windows Protean, the latest in our great line of operating systems. Tee hee! Nice photo.

WhileI think this suggestion crosses the line from Photography to Digital Imaging I would suggest finding something to paste into the foreground using Photoshop. If you took a photo of something relevant in similar lighting conditions it should be a fairly seamless integration.

It is an amazing picture in regards to colors and contrast but as soon as I ask myself what the subject is I'm scratching my head a bit.

I know people will look down on this (including myself to a degree) because you're creating something later on that wasn't in the original frame but I'd say as long as you're not saying it's a genuine photo, who cares. It's not like you're killing puppies or anything.

A cow would look good in there. I like cows so maybe that isn't the best advice :lol:

I actually think that if you had simply lowerd yourself a little and made the plant (corn?) the subject with the horizon a little higher it would help tremendously without completely changing the idea.

:)

It’s not that bad, only has a few problems, (1) the framing the bottom seems odd IMO, seeing the ground may have helped some: (2) did you think about a fake panoramic crop off the top (3) colors have an old slide look to them, was that you wanted if not play with the levels in PS (4) try a B&W convention

if you had tilted your camera up about 5-10 degrees and to the left slightly, I think it would look great. It's a very nice landscape shot, but for plain landscapes the thirds rule is very strict. If the ground a little more than a third it kinda ruins the shot. Usually for these types of pictures I like to do an extreme seperation and do something like 1/8th of the bottom is the ground, and then a LOT of sky. I hope I'm explaining this right, it sounds good in my head.

EDIT: since i didn't feel I explained it well enough, I did a quick crop up to give a basic idea. Obviously if I wanted to do it right I would have PSed the center of the field out so that you would still have the amber showing through at the bottom, but this is a quick little show. Also I lowered the Red level and bumped up the blue level a little, -12 and +24 respectively. This was all done in FastStone Image Viewer in about 1 minute.

gallery_718_732_3500crop.jpg

If you dont want me to use your image let me know and I'll remove it immediately.

Most reactions

Back