sometimes... it's ok not to feel like smiling

mmaria

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
020915_0423-Recovered (Custom).jpg

Not sure how I feel about the magenta tone, but I love the overall concept of this image!!!

The blue really pops.

Top notch!!!:1219:
I feel like I should give some sort of C&C, so after looking over it carefully all I can come up with is, you are going to get her dress dirty!!!:aiwebs_016:

Great photo

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Top notch!!!:1219:
I feel like I should give some sort of C&C, so after looking over it carefully all I can come up with is, you are going to get her dress dirty!!!:aiwebs_016:
oh, her dress is already full of stains but never mind, I bought it for her to play in/with it ... ty :)
Great photo

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk
ty, glad you like it :)

Not sure how I feel about the magenta tone, but I love the overall concept of this image!!!

I agree with tirediron here. Love the image, but the purple tint is a bit too strong for my liking.

Love the whole concept including the magenta and the way the blue pops out.

Picking up our conversation about "unfinished images", this is a perfect illustration of exactly that idea.

On seeing the image, the eye is pulled immediately to the bright blue triangle, which we recognize as a little girl in a blue dress. Her hair hides half her face, and she does not seem to be smiling. In fact, we see in her posture a bit of pouty defiance. "No, I won't". We then recognize that she seems to be sitting on some kind of path that's overgrown with the weeds looking rather wild. Then the tone which one could associate with deep dusk, becomes more obvious, and is in contrast to the well-lit girl. The road seems to end in some kind of dark forest. And so we start asking the questions...

Why is the little girl pouting? Why is she in a party dress in the forest? Why is her face half-hidden? Why does it look like dusk, but not really? Why is she sitting alone in the road? What is actually going on?

The framing that you chose, having her face the near edge of the frame creates a tension, as we would naturally try and face the direction she faces, and that is outside our frame. So we can't go there. The depth of field focuses our attention on the plane where she is located, but gives us enough detail in foreground and background to create an effective context. The magenta colour again challenges our preconception (it "should" be green or brown, but it's not). The fact that half her face is covered by her hair, again creates a tension because it hides.

Excellent image. So much that the viewer can read into it.

Most reactions

Back