Sometimes the best shots are by accident (Dandylion and Web)

Wilson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all, here's my first post so be easy on me.

Funny how it works, Both of these pictures where kind of a mistake. When I first got my camera I went on a road trip looking for something to shoot. I was going for the big landscape shot when I noticed this little guy sitting in the ditch. Out of a hudred or so pics I took that day this is my favorite.

DandyLion_01s.jpg

This one I got this past week when I was on holidays in Jasper. I got up early to get some sunrise shots of Pyramid mountain. When I was setting up I notice this web in the trees covered in dew.

Web_01.jpg

hobbes28 said:
What equipment are you using?

A Fuji S7000. I just got it a few weeks ago, It's the first camera I've had thats capable of anything more than snap shots. I'm still blown away by some of the shots I'm getting.

Be easy on you??? That would be no fun at all. Seriously though, those are some awesome photos you have there. I love the DOF on the first one, and the colors. The second one is a very unique shot that is well executed. Welcome!

dont really like them. It's just a dandylion in the middle of the frame. And the spider photo is ok, you should wait for the sunset or something, or just wait for better lighting. I dont really like plain darkish lighting.

sweet web. very nice with the angle and stuff.

the other one doesn't thrill my eyes. :/

Welcome to the site.

Nice shots, you seem to have a good eye for finding shots that other people might miss.

Nice to see someone else here representing Edmonton & area.

Those are so sharp!!! That first one is really nice, but it might make it a little better if you maybe got a slightly different perspective maybe...so it's not quite smack dab in the center of the frame. That's just my opinion, not that I have much room to talk, cuz I often center the subject without thinking about it myself! I'm trying to break the habit...anyway...good job!

Welcome to the forum, these are nice shots! I agree with Corry about the first one, I don't think that it should be right in the center, but otherwise, the DOF is great. I love the second one, it's awesome!!

:thumbsup: Keep it up!

those are realy great shots nice work!

t's just a dandylion in the middle of the frame
Personally I dont see why people are so bothered by having something framed in the middle...Sometimes I just look into the viewfinder and it seems right...especially in a macro.

Most reactions

Back