Sometimes trust is all you've got....

stsinner

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It may be old, and it may be weathered, but sometimes it's all you've got to tie your boat up... Photographed in Gloucester, MA, famous fishing port..

DSC_0048_751.jpg

Interesting shot. I think the rope scares me more than the rust....

Ah, Motif #1!! My husband asked me to marry him near Motif #1...

It's a red fishing shack in Rockport, MA. It is the most photographed and painted structure in like, the world (no, I'm kidding, but definitely the most popular structure in that area).

Wow... very nice detail. The warm/cool color contrast is well done. I agree... the rope looks much more dodgy than the rusty metal!

LOL... I couldn't resist... Taken yesterday...

DSC_0044_747.jpg

DSC_0057_760.jpg

I couldn't get a shot without a boat obscuring the shack, but maybe it adds to the feel of the picture..

I love it with the boat, then again I'm pretty sure I'd love it no matter what. I'm pretty biased. Thanks for posting a picture of it. It made me smile..

I love it with the boat, then again I'm pretty sure I'd love it no matter what. I'm pretty biased. Thanks for posting a picture of it. It made me smile..

Awesome!! Glad you liked it!

And I learned something new-New England is the only place you can get lobsters, and our lobsters are sold to Europe!!! Pretty amazing!!!

Motif #1 has been painted and photographed so many times that taking a good photo there is a matter of placing the feet of your tripod in the holes left by others over the years.

All kidding aside, it is a beautiful spot. The light at the tip of the Cape can bring tears to the eyes of an impressionist painter. The colors of the annuals in the gardens are breathtakingly vibrant.

Plus, if you do a bit of searching 'bout old Glouster there's some fine Portugese cuisine to be had.

Most reactions

Back