Sometimes your better off staying home...

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I have been fighting off flu like symptoms for a few days, but my days off are few and far between. I checked out a new spot which turned into a 5 mile trudge through icy trails and saw nothing very exciting. Exhausted I came home. I went to refill my bird feeder when all the sparrows just disappeared and this big ol red tail hawk landed in a tree about 15 feet away. I spent some time with him and got shots from many angles..

I had to shoot portrait just get his whole body in...

Red Tail Hawk 3 by krisinct, on Flickr
Ended up with some nice portraits though

Red Tail Hawk 2 by krisinct, on Flickr

Red Tail Hawk 4 by krisinct, on Flickr

Red Tail Hawk 1 by krisinct, on Flickr

Amazing. I love number 2, he looks mean there!

coastalconn...I am really starting to hate you. :lmao:

Just kidding--awesome, awesome shots!!
I just keep hearing about how hawks will often visit active birdfeeders. Hawks are quite common in our area, and I have several feeders that birds have been really flocking to this year. But I have never seen the first hawk at my house. A mile down the road, yes...but never here. The only thing eyeing the birds at my feeders are the neighborhood cats. :lol:

The only thing eyeing the birds at my feeders are the neighborhood cats. :lol:
You don't think that might have something to do with the lack of hawks? ;)

Not really. That doesn't even seem to bother the little birds--they just buzz the cats. :lmao:

I could just look at these shots all day long...

Amazing. I love number 2, he looks mean there!
The sparrows thought he looked really mean in all of them:)
Thanks everyone.
This is the first winter I have had hawk bait station, I mean bird feeder :) This is the second hawk I have seen in my yard in the past few weeks, the other was the Sharpie..
If anyone wants to head over to flickr and mark your favorite, maybe the explore bots will pick me :)

CC, what do I say! Some guys have all the luck, glad you know what to do with it as the occasion arises. My only comment would be that I might have cropped the second one a little closer to give me a head shot protrait - a square crop might be interesting.

WesternGuy

I like all of them.

LOL, the "explore" bots found my hawk. #2 debuted at 499 on explore today. Talk about barely making it :)

Some good images! Lovely hawk! Hope you are feeling better!

Nice. You make me want to set up a feeder in my yard lol.

love these! beautiful and so crisp/clear!
Preferences

§
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y