somewhat n00bish question about hotshoe cable + master/slave capabilities

fjrabon

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, if I use a hot shoe cable to connect one speedlight, I can use that speedlight as the master as well for another slave unit, using Nikon's system?

That is, I could have the commander unit as my main flash, off camera with the hot shoe cable and then a different flash on the other side that is triggered by the primary flash that is connected to the camera by way of the hot shoe cable?

And yes, the primary flash has both commander and slave capabilities.

I wouldn't need to buy an SU-800 unless I just didn't want to deal with the hot shoe cable, right?

PC flash sync cables are the pits. Whoever designed them should be shot, because unless you use the kind that have a threaded secuging ring they easily get bent out of shape and quit working.

Doing flash manually with radio triggers is so much less complex, easier to learn, requires much less expensive gear, and produces much more consistant results than using TTL.

PC flash sync cables are the pits. Whoever designed them should be shot, because unless you use the kind that have a threaded secuging ring they easily get bent out of shape and quit working.

Doing flash manually with radio triggers is so much less complex, easier to learn, requires much less expensive gear, and produces much more consistant results than using TTL.

These would be cables that directly connect via the hotshoe, ie no PC cable is involved. http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-4765-SC-28-9-ft-Remote/dp/B0001L10Y8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323213441&sr=8-1

Same comments?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back