Somewhat noob...

Nappy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've always loved photography, just never had an SLR. I've had some "normal" point and shoot Sonys 6 & 7MP just simple stuff for 3D Game Design work textures etc. The time has come to spend some money, and get some 2D work for my portfolio. I'm looking for a good SLR money isn't a big issue, and I am wondering where is the best place to buy an SLR/Lens etc.

Thanks for all the help in advance,

Nappy

this all depends on your location, if you live anywhere near NYC B&H is the place to go.

if not, best buy has some selection of camera, i wouldn't recommend buying one there, they tend to be more expensive, but go there and see which one you like the best, then scout out the best deals online.

I live in the Chicagoland area, burbs of Chicago. I was at bestbuy today, seems pricy, and that's for just bodys. I see eBay has new bodys + lens + memory sticks for good prices, how reliable is a different question.

Anyone buy one of the combo packs from eBay? If so, whos the seller/store name?

I live in the Chicagoland area, burbs of Chicago. I was at bestbuy today, seems pricy, and that's for just bodys. I see eBay has new bodys + lens + memory sticks for good prices, how reliable is a different question.

Anyone buy one of the combo packs from eBay? If so, whos the seller/store name?

Don't get the combo packs from ebay, they contain low-grade products most of the time. If you want good quality stuff, get body only, and then ask here what lenses you should get, depending on your budget, for what you want to shoot...

BTW-> I regret spending extra $ on the combo packs, i threw away most of what it came with...

Most of my photography is just going to be general stuff, people/buildings. I'm big into cars and in a car club so lots of cars. Thanks for the eBay tip, much appreciated. Should I buy a body/lens from an actual store, like BestBuy even if they are a bit pricy then? Or is there any online retailers you guys suggest that sell quality and a fair price?

Most of my photography is just going to be general stuff, people/buildings. I'm big into cars and in a car club so lots of cars. Thanks for the eBay tip, much appreciated. Should I buy a body/lens from an actual store, like BestBuy even if they are a bit pricy then? Or is there any online retailers you guys suggest that sell quality and a fair price?
yeah don't buy that eBay crap it's garbage. and you said price wasn't that much of a big deal in your original post so if you have the cash buy from bestbuy or something

if not, good online dealers are:
bhphotovideo.com
adorama.com

BH is best even if you just order from them. The prices are unbeatable (as is the customer service).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back