Son Corazon

Tuna

Fotoğrafçı
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Taken during dress rehearsals at a performance of "Son Corazon" by my daughter's dance company, The Latin Ballet of Virginia. As usual, all comments/critique appreciated.

SonCorazon.jpg
[/img]

That is really neat! I didn't notice the black rectangle until santino pointed it out...but once I noticed it, it is a tad distracting.

tuna, tis lovely!

i know you'll get heaps of comments about saying how her body has specular highlights - but this doesn't bother me. it works quite well as an abstract shot! It suites this foto (for me) because it more about 'form' than 'details'

I love the contrast and grain here - what film and camera do you use? Colours are nice too.

The only thing i would nitpick is the retangular darkspot which she is standing on, the lighting & her form is smooth and way but the shadowed platform(?) disrupts that slightly. Its only a nitpick - it does make this look like its on a stage - which may have been your intention anyway :)

lurvely shot matie!

vonnagy said:
I love the contrast and grain here - what film and camera do you use? Colours are nice too.

Thanks for the comments and critique, guys.

This was shot with a Nikon FM2, 85mm on Fuji NPZ 800ASA film.

I think this is a fabulous shot - I'd be tickled if it were mine! The whole thing smacks of surrealism, which is very effective because it allows you to get away with the highlights on the figure. They only enhance that feeling of otherworldliness. It's just gorgeous.

The black platform is unfortunate, but hardly a major distraction because it is black. It'd be great if it weren't there, but it does little to spoil the overall effect here. Don't sweat it too much. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back