Song & memories

vonnagy

have kiwi, will travel...
Reaction score
Website
www.vonnagy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Do you have a particular song that you have heard that shapes a particular memory in your life?

I recently heard the song 'Lucky Man' by the Verve, it reminded me when i was hitch hiking in Tasmania and this really pretty pommie backpacker gave me lift to the nearest hostel. I remember she had a tape deck in the old toyota and it was playing that song as we were driving through the tasmanian highlands. We didn't say a word to another whilst that song was playing .... just taking in the beautiful scenery of the countryside and the sun had just come out. I had been standing in the rain for a couple of hours hoping for a lift, so I was indeed lucky to not only get a lift, but also get a lift by this beautiful person. One of those awesome synchronicitious (sp?) moments in life. I found it a bit useless to find the words to describe the experience.

Anyways, though i hadn't heard that song in ages, then i heard it today and it really brought back some vivid memories of that simple but amazing time.

I am just curious if you have any memories that were strongly inspired by music, if so, describe it?

well .. i have a song that brings back memories .. it might get a little mushy.. so guys may want to brace yourselves :lol:

while dating the hubby (he wasnt my hubby then, we were just dating) ... i remember the first time he told me "I Love You" :oops: ... my heart pounced out of my chest ... i had stronge feelings for him as well, but i wasnt sure if it was love ... plus i wasnt sure if i was ready to settle down ... didnt want to move to fast :p

so i kept playing and singing this song to him "give me a reason ... to love you" by Portishead ... i needed that moment ... that red light moment when it just clicked in my head and i felt it in my heart ... then it came :oops: ..... and since that day, a few yrs back .. it has never left :D </end of mushy story> :lol:

Too many for me to begin to mention; it happens all the time..... usually it's quite sappy and romantic stuff, but a few tragic moments too...

I always have music in my head, I love it and need it, could not imagine how barren my days would be without it. So having a song associated with a memory is more like playing back my very own life's soundtrack. :D

Mark, Lucky Man is actually one of my memory songs too but it reminds me of my grandfather.
For my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary i made a video of footage and photographs of their life together. i had different sections for each of them as well and the music i played over his section was Lucky Man. :)

I have too many memory songs!

I HATE that song by that stupid Four Non Blondes band that was a big hit in 1993. it was played at our yr 12 talent show, then at our formal and every time i hear it i cringe because at that time, my friends and I were all having these icky arguements, which we had never had in the 6 yrs we'd been friends.

I cant even remember what the song is called but to this day, whenever i hear it, i get horrid chills and have to get rid of it no matter what!

manda said:
I HATE that song by that stupid Four Non Blondes band that was a big hit in 1993. it was played at our yr 12 talent show, then at our formal and every time i hear it i cringe because at that time, my friends and I were all having these icky arguements, which we had never had in the 6 yrs we'd been friends.

I cant even remember what the song is called but to this day, whenever i hear it, i get horrid chills and have to get rid of it no matter what!

are u talking about "What's Going On" ... "and i say... hey ... hey .. hey .. hey hey ...." :D 4 NonBlondes .... hehehe.. i love this song :roll:

YES!!! Thats the one!!!! :eek:

Darf...why is that spooky? The Verve have always been very popular here and Id imagine the same in NZ. Richard Ashcroft is a god of music writing.

There's lots of songs that remind me of some good and bad moments of my life!!!
But every time i hear "This LIfe" from Mandalay I get this strong feeling in my chest and cold chill all over me, it reminds me when i met my boyfriend and start dating him, it was the winter of 2002...... :oops: :D
Love it!!!!!
Such great memories :oops:

manda said:
YES!!! Thats the one!!!! :eek:

Darf...why is that spooky? The Verve have always been very popular here and Id imagine the same in NZ. Richard Ashcroft is a god of music writing.
Spooky was probably the wrong term. It's just, when someone mentions them from the other side of the world and i live in the town where they started out, it seems well, kind of spooky. Which prompts the question, does anybody else on here have a top band/actor etc from their neck of the woods?

music is not my thing really but I deffinitely do have one that triggers a memory, if not a few. But one night I was in my room in residence and I was with my boy. Fun was being had but not by all, I heard this girl crying a few rooms away. It was my friend. So I went to see her, she was incredibly sad and very homesick. I talked to her for a few minutes and by the end we were laughing together. I let go to sleep and then went back to my room. Just as I got to the door she wispered "You are an angel". I was moved by this. So now every time I hear the song "angels among us" (I don't remember by who) I start to cry because I think of all the people that have helped in sticky times, They're all angels.

Ok, end of gushy.

Good topic Vonnagy.

Peter gabriel "in your eyes"

Something Corporate "woke up in a car"

each one has meaning, but ill keep that for myself.

md

Most reactions

Back