Songbirds...

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The Ospreys seem to have went into hiding. I think they are staying really close to their nests now that the eggs are out. I resorted to the ol trusty back yard.. comments welcome as always..

Young Red Winged Blackbird by krisinct, on Flickr

Young Red Winged Black Bird by krisinct, on Flickr

Cowbird by krisinct, on Flickr

4 - I think it's a tree sparrow, but it doesn't have the normal spot on it's chest. It was small so it's a pretty aggressive crop...

Tree Sparrow by krisinct, on Flickr

Red Bellied Woodpecker by krisinct, on Flickr

Last edited:
Just stellar, as always! Love the first one of the young rwb; hadn't seen one before.

I think your red-headed woodpecker is actually a red-bellied woodpecker, though. ;)

Thanks Sharon, LOL. I'm a little tired and groggy... Being a chef all night and a bird photographer in the morning doesn't much much time for sleeping :) I will fix my woodpecker ID :)

As always, well done. I find RWBs around here are very difficult to approach and therefore have very few shots of them.

Beautiful!! I already told you that I love all your bird photos. :)

What other comments can there be other then outstanding once again. Bird photography classes a coastalconn pad,when do they start again.:p

I like the woodpecker most of all....cool body position you've captured him in.

Congratulations again on winning the first ever TPF Photo of The Year Award. That osprey and fish made a killer combo!

What other comments can there be other then outstanding once again. Bird photography classes a coastalconn pad,when do they start again.:p
I'm in Old Saybrook, I'm a pretty good teacher (so I've heard)
I like the woodpecker most of all....cool body position you've captured him in.

Congratulations again on winning the first ever TPF Photo of The Year Award. That osprey and fish made a killer combo!
Thank you Derrel! I have seen your collection of lenses, I remember you saying you tried the Tamron when it first came out, I'm curious if you are surprised how well it has done for me?

I was impressed with how light and maneuverable the Tamron 200-500 SP was. I thought the manual focusing ring placement was good...close to the body, as if it was designed to actually be focused by hand. I am a little bit surprised at how well it does for you, but then again...you're using it all the time, and have a good deal of experience with it. I'm reminded of the old saying, "Beware of the man with just one gun--he knows how to use it." Know what I'm sayin'?

Most reactions

Back