Sony 70-300 APO G

Streets

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are a couple of shots I took today with the G. Max zoom; 300mm.
DSC00024.JPG
DSC00021-001.JPG

photo quality is not very good, but I like the contrast and color

Hmm, how much PP did you apply to the image ?
How do you find AF speed/accuracy with moving subject ?

Hmm, how much PP did you apply to the image ?
How do you find AF speed/accuracy with moving subject ?
The Finch was sharpened slightly and cropped about 90%. The Quince was slightly sharpened and cropped about 10%. Both were resized to 1600X1200 pixels.

Here is the original finch photo as it came from the camera.
DSC00024.JPG

I would like the Goldfinch if he was more on the right side if the frame. That would give him more room to "look in to".

I would like the Goldfinch if he was more on the right side if the frame. That would give him more room to "look in to".
I was mainly trying to show the Q of the lens rather than concentrate on composition. This thread was posted in the "Sony lenses" forum to reveal lens performance, not photographer performance. I could have just as well used a resolution chart and color wheel to display the Q but few would find that very interesting.

You right. My bad :)

No problem, spiralout. If composition was a consideration, your advice was correct. The finch would have looked better.

Feather detail on the Goldfinch seems to wash out. Don't know if it's lens, camera or post processing. However I have noticed similar washing out of detail when cropping way down with my a6000 w/24 1.8.

Most reactions

Back