Sony a100 blues

Funky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Alright, well i've had my sony alpha a100 for about a year now. sadly, i needed to purchase a flash (the f56am) and to my dismay sony's trashed everything for the a100....how do i know? every single camera shop around portland oregon said that sonys pulling the a100 and all its accessories off the shelves to make way for its new propiatary camera in september. i really hate sony for this. after i tell this wedding party, i cant get a hold of the flash i needed and figure something out with them, im selling all my minolta and sony gear and moving to nikon, at least they know how to build a company. I HATE SONY!

:evil:

sorry for the rant

zack

so, anyone have any idea of what system for me to turn to?

I hadn't heard that about Sony, that's a little weird...but then again, Sony has a history of doing silly things.

I would confirm what you are hearing, before switching systems...but if you do want to switch, you can't go wrong with Canon or Nikon (or maybe Pentax).

sorry but that is not true, I work in a shop that has loads of A100 bits and bobs and can reorder as and when we need to, there should be a new release announced within the next 7 days about the new body but lenses, flash guns etc etc will work on both.

What the shops you've been in are probably doing is clearing stock to make room for the new kit but they should be able to order old kit.

ritz,kitz,wolf,shutterbud, and citizen all said that sony recalled all a100 accessories, lenses are all going to stay the same being as its just A mount minolta stuff. apparently sony's going to re badge the flv-f56am flash along with some other stuff, i just cant stand a company that cant back its gear. i'm selling my a100 after this lineup of weddings and buying something that has a real name behind it, maybe nikon.

i'm selling my a100 after this lineup of weddings and buying something that has a real name behind it, maybe nikon
Did you know that Nikon sensors are made by Sony? :er:

not the D3 sensor, that was designed by Nikon but made by someone else

I was wondering if their new one was a Sony or not...so who makes it?

I'm guessing sensors are like plasma and lcd TV's theres only 3 manufactures that make them....im not bashing sony's camera, the a100 is amazing, but i cant see myself upgrading a system thats not going to get any better without spending two grand on a new body.

its some variation of the a100 its probably going to be 12-16 MP

The D3 is in house and the D300 another Sony AFAIK. Not that it matters. Sony is an excellent electronics company who often serve their target market well. Great sensors for wholesalers, and cheap crap P&S for mums and dads. Interesting to hear that they are actually recalling stuff.

I'd wait a bit.

This idea of recalling accessories in order to help sell new cameras (how does that even work?) sounds very odd, no doubt... especially since this doesn't seem to have happened here in the UK (anywhere else?)...

... I'm also not sure why they would rebadge the flash when they rebadged it once already!... if they are being recalled then I would imagine more likely there will be some kind of upgrade...

... but anyway, if Sony's new model is as impressive as a number of people expect it to be, then even if you're still determined to switch systems you will find more people looking for lenses to buy.

Btw Garbz I'd have to disagree with you about Sony only making cheap crap P&S... they make good P&S and good fixed-lens models too. Have been doing so for a number of years now, well before they ate Konica-Minolta's photographic business and moved into SLRs as well. They are a camera company now, as much as we Canon Nikon or Pentax users might not want to admit it ;)

to my knowledge sony discontinued their flashes and lenses. i work for ritz and all of the sony accessories were called back. in the 10 years that i have done photo retail, i have never seen a company call back all of thier product. it can not be a good sign.

i personally would not put any more money into the system. you will never be able to build a 'full system' out of sony, and i would cut your losses and move on before you sink anymore money into it.

just my 2 cents.

WHAT?!?!?!?!? i just bought that flash earlier this summer.... and i ahve the alpha... (i'd NEVER switch to nikon though) whats going on?? i havent heard any of this recall stuff. funky... we are not friends anymore if you're gonna dump sony like that.... lol (kidding , but WHAT?!) sorry i'm a little upset by this thread right now... all of this was news to me.. (if its even true)

but what about this??? - http://news.sel.sony.com/electronicsblog/?p=9

and on ritz camera's online store, all the accessories are still available

i dont know if he did all that yet...

Most reactions

Back