sony A350 vs D80

hi everyone, i just bought my Alpha 100 Sony SLR. Does any one know how i can make a proffessional pictures with it ? such as Portrait or those things...

Practice and read up on what other people do who's photographic style you enjoy.

His reasons were- 14.2 mega pixels vs. 10.2- it has image stab. and auto focus built into the body where the d80 would need much more expensive lenses that contain Nikon's VR because the d80 doesnt have imag stab.

i'm surprised no one mentioned this yet.... unless i missed it. the D80 DOES have an AF motor built into the body. the only Nikon dSLRs that don't are the D40/60/3000/5000

as others have said, the Nikon VR system is superior to Sony's in terms of functionality but only works on VR lenses.

and also as others have said... the difference between 14.2mp and 10.2mp is all marketing unless you're making professional print posters.

i'm surprised no one mentioned this yet.... unless i missed it. the D80 DOES have an AF motor built into the body. the only Nikon dSLRs that don't are the D40/60/3000/5000

A couple times, but it's a good point to get across that this particular salesman is either not fully educated on Nikon or trying to sell you on the Sony.

I have a question for the original poster...

Which one FELT better to you?

If I had the choice between just these two bodies.....I would take the Sony. But I would not want to be married to the Sony system. I just do not like the D80 at all.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back