Sony A350

skieur

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Bought a Sony A350 because of its live view without black out or lag time, the histogram in live view, 14.2 megapixels, and highlights that are not blown out. I bought it body only and then added a 2.8 18mm to 50mm macro which seems excellent. I will also be picking upt a 2.8 70mm to 200mm when it comes out in April. This will be a great addition to my other cameras.

skieur

Good for you! I haven't worked with a Sony camera, but I like a lot of their other products. I think they're going to be a major player.

I bought it also for its Minolta heritage and as you say Sony has the potential to become a major player with its Minolta team working for them.

skieur

I wanted an A200, mostly because I thought it would take my Minolta lenses. Then I was told it wouldn't, which sucks:grumpy:

I wanted an A200, mostly because I thought it would take my Minolta lenses. Then I was told it wouldn't, which sucks:grumpy:

Yes, it only takes the Minolta auto-focus Maxxum lenses which is understandable since they are more electronic than mechanical.

However there is a built-in teleconverter that you can press to lengthen your focal length by 1.4 or 2X. Apparently it reduces the resolution to that of an 8 megapixel image.

This would mean that a 200mm would be 300mm in 35mm terms or 420mm with the 1.4 teleconverter. That would mean that you would really only need one telephoto zoom for most shooting and a wide angle zoom for the rest.

skieur

hey bud i was wondering how's the noise at higher iso and in low lighting cond. ? I would love to see some test shots of iso 800-1600 and low light I currently shoot a a100 and am tried of it's noise even at iso 400. Thanks ricky

dogtest1600.jpg

This airedale test shot is at ISO 1600 at about f.3.2. with a slow shutterspeed.

skieur

enjoy the toy :)

i know it is always fun to have a new camera :)

Thanks, Alex. I am getting used to a wide angle zoom with macro capability and yet at f.2.8 there is good bokeh when used close in. I am still waiting for the f.2.8 telephoto due in April with macro as well. I just hope that it is not too heavy.

skieur

would you mind throwing uo some more shots I would like to see maybe an indoor low light...church/ gym type shot with the same I ISO

thanks ricky

This is ISO 1600, f. 3.2 and 1/40 sec. The ceiling by the way is stippled. It is down in the basement to the light is pretty dim when only the bar light is on.

bar.jpg

skieur

Thank you so much, with these shots I feel better buying another sony. I was really think about switching camps to nikon/canon but this gives me hope.

if you can afford it ricky, the a700 is even better with noise

if you can afford it ricky, the a700 is even better with noise

So, shorty, I would be interested in seeing an ISO 1600 low light shot with an A700, as I am sure would others.

skieur

this isnt a very good photo, but i have homework to do so i just quick shot it. I can post more soon if anyone wants them.
this is straight out of the camera though, so no noise reduction other than in-camera was done

_DSC6545.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back