Sony A77 Camera and Flash Issues

pictureyr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well recently I switched over to Sony, and purchased Sony A-77, with a HVL-F20S external flash. However, when I first put batteries in flash, had put in backwards, I dunno lol sounds like an airhead thing to do, but its actually a little confusing because they have the battery markings on the base, and made me think that side went down instead of up. Anyway I had put the batteries in backwards, then put flash on camera, then realized after about a minute, it didnt work of course, and took flash back off of camera (flash did warm up).

I have read that some flashes are polarity protected anyway, but I guess my question to the super knowledgeable sony guru s is:
Although the flash still does function, is there a possibility of any damage to it or any function of it., and
since it was mounted on the camera for about a minute, any chance that it damaged any part or function of the camera ?

thanks in advance for your input.....

There should not be any problems... I work for Sony (not in the US, though), and I informally asked the head of the service department, and he says he doubts any harm was done. Of course, this is NOT an official SONY answer (I am not allowed to answer in that way), but it is the personal opinion of someone with experience in the subject. Hope this helps!

So you mean no problems with the flash itself and the camera ?

Most reactions

Back