sony a77

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just checked Adorama, B&H and Amazon no a77s is stock, neither the new lenses. I expect the same is true for the NEX7 I will not own a camera without in body IS because like I said. Nikon glass is to expensive. I am very happy with my Sony and the added features is a bonus to a superb tool. The menu is a dream to navigate and use. If you want to talk toy cameras take a look at the N1. One has to get big name actors to sell a camera with inferior IQ and real toy features. Yes the are flying off the shelf too. Just because a big tiime actor is pushing them along a little. The Nikon 1 is a great camera if you like to shoot in AE or program mode, manual controls are buried in the menu and even Olympus has a sensor bigger than 10mpix. Also better IQ. The NEX3 has better IQ than the Nikon 1 and it's two upgrades behind the NEX 7. I don't think in need worry about Sonys future. Nikon and Canon are going to set back and rely on there old technology and the world is going to pass them by and they will be playing catch up to everyone else just like they are in the mirrorless area.
I expected more from Nikon and will put my toy NEX 7 up against the Nikon 1 any day. Yes I am waiting, to see what amazing new technology the deep pocketed Sony people come up with next. It's already happening just look at the D4. It's not to much of an upgrade to the dated D3 and Sony made its sensor. I wonder how many Nikon parts the a77 has in it?
Just a point of clarification for skieur: I do not believe that I have referred to "toy features" in any of my posts in this thread; now, skieur you keep stating that I have referred to "toy" features on the Sony A77...I would like to see an example of that in a post that "I" have made using that exact language. Good luck finding it.Anyway...the people who want a Sony A77 can buy one any time they feel like it: Best Buy, and Fry's Electronics, and other big box retailers, have boatloads of Sony A77's in-stock and ready for customers to come in and snap up! The camera is available wherever fine TV sets, stereos, and DVD players are sold. I called my local Best Buy tonight, and was told they had six A77's in-stock...I asked if I could get a Nikon D7000...nope...sold out...and that the next D7000 shipment would likely sell out the day it came in. Anyway, I am, like roughly 88 percent of the entire d-slr market, committed to cameras made by other companies besides Sony (I am a Nikon AND a Canon d-slr user). Best of luck with your Sony cameras and Zeiss/Cosina lenses. The Tamron/Sony 28-75 f/2.8 is one of the better lenses for walk-around, outdoor use. If you want the lens with the Sony-style rubber, it's available; it is also available for A-mount with the Tamron brand name on it.The ODDEST thing about this entire A77 love-fest is that I do not think that there has been even ONE mention of the only real advantage Sony has over Canon and Nikon, and that is their in-body stabilization system, like the one Pentax and Samsung both use. All this talk, over 30 pages' worth, about the viewfinder and the sensor and the A77's 12 FPS burst rate, but no discussion of the in-body sensor shift technology that helps steady the shaky hands of Sony users.Well, like Popular Photograph's Michael McNamara said, "wait and see what Canon and Nikon come out with."

But will you put it up again the Panasonic Lumix GX1 because in UK pro mag this month it came out top but iSony NEX7 equaled Nikon V1

mjhoward said:
Where's a moderator or admin when you need one. This circus we call skeiur and argie has gone on long enough.

Dont put me on your shoes. Everything I say here are facts. Everything you say are BS. My behavior in here, is just the reflection of yours. This thread is going to be better, if you stop talking nonsense from now on.

Last edited:
Where's a moderator or admin when you need one. This circus we call skeiur and argie has gone on long enough.

I agree. It's like some sort of horrible car accident I keep trying to leave but I keep coming back to see the progress of this circus.

Just how many frickin pictures you want to take before the buffer fills up, what the heck you going to be shooting?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by a moderator:
Just how many frickin pictures you want to take before the buffer fills up, what the heck you going to be shooting?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well, I'd want to take more than 16 shots consecutively, without the buffer slowing down to 1 fps.

Well you aren't comparing equal cameras either considering the Canon cost twice as much, I guess he paid so much he couldn't afford a lens? Show me the 7D.

Last edited:

Well you aren't comparing equal cameras either considering the Canon cost twice as much, I guess he paid so much he couldn't afford a lens? Show me the 7D.

I see that that's a trick now. Watch the above Bloody Hell video, the a77 will do the same, just much faster........

33 pages is more than enough I think - esp as things are getting very derailed and people are getting very riled up over nothing. Start a new, thread if you so desire to continue debating about the a77.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back