Sony A77

You need one ! :)

I picked one up and played with it at the Sony store, it's too weird for me. Electronic view finder looks like a spaceship navigation panel.

I personally don't care for the serious lack of ISO range / high noise factor.

I handled one once, the EVF was better than I thought, and I like the idea - but the mirror-in-the-middle makes me nervous about IQ and noise performance.

Unless you need the AF performance or plan on shooting a lot of video, I'd go with the NEX7, personally.

A friend bought a a77. He gets great quality using the 16-50 kit lens it came with.

DiskoJoe said:
A friend bought a a77. He gets great quality using the 16-50 kit lens it came with.

That lens is sweet ! Played with it at the store and now I'm looking around the house for things to sell to get the money for one !

DiskoJoe said:

That lens is sweet ! Played with it at the store and now I'm looking around the house for things to sell to get the money for one !

I thought about getting one of those but opted for the sigma 17-50 f2.8. The IQ was better and it cost $130 less.

Not a fan of the ergonomics and way about changing things on the camera. It seems so strange compared to Canon or Nikon.

I also wasn't a fan of the ISO performance

Just got home with mine, can't wait to see what it can do.

I have one, and I am quite happy with it. ISO noise is not that bad compared to similar cameras (obviously more noise than full frame cameras, but not bad if you compare to APS-C options (up to 1600 is pretty good, but from there you get noticeable noise). As far as ergonomics,likeanything, you get used to it with ti me. Most people do not like them because they are used to something different, not because they are poor (anyway, that's what my 3 friends with Nikon say). As far as lenses, the kit lens is a very good lens, but there are many other good options out there, both from Sony and fromthird parties.

I received the A100 as HS graduation gift in 2006. Keeping with the "tradition" (?) I just placed my order for the A77 on Tuesday as college grad gift for myself.

I am extremely excited to give it a whirl!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back