Sony A7S--WoW!

interesting about the video recording though
It's also important to note that the Sony A7S can't record 4K video directly to the internal memory card, but rather passes a clean, uncompressed (8-bit, 4:2:2) 4K 30p/24p stream over its HDMI connection, where it can be recorded on an external device .... The A7S can record full HD video internally, though, and even offers a choice of AVC codecs.

Speaking of Nikon, I would LOVE them to make a DSLR with that sensor.

I dont care for the 4K Video too much, though.

I would say the A7s gives the impression of a somewhat rushed product. As if they felt they had to bring SOMETHING as an answer to the new GH4 of Panasonic.

Speaking of Nikon, I would LOVE them to make a DSLR with that sensor.

I dont care for the 4K Video too much, though.

I would say the A7s gives the impression of a somewhat rushed product. As if they felt they had to bring SOMETHING as an answer to the new GH4 of Panasonic.

Doesn't matter. Sony sensors are everywhere, not least in Nikon products. Nikon later rolls out a "ground-breaking" product built around this sensor and Sony laughs all the way to the bank. No one's fooled about who the innovator is.

wow. turret finders are a lot easier and cheaper to come by lately. Seems like five years ago they were impossible.

Last edited by a moderator:
This camera looks more and more interesting as new videos are floating around the internet. It seems with the high ISO it can make a slow lens fast. I love to take pictures in low light and natural lighting situations and I feel that this camera will be a beast in this area with any lens mounted on it.

Also the quite shutter mode will be great for wedding photographers inside churches. Turn off the auto focus beep and this camera is silent.

Most reactions

Back