Sony a7s

kathyt

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Has anymore purchased this camera? Pros vs. cons of the area? It doesn't come with a lens does it? What lenses are compatible? Thank you!!!!!

hi there,
i had this camera once... and if i had a choice, i would probably buy it again ... i find the 12mp just enough but some people who print big or love to crop their images might not be happy with just 12mp..
the high iso files are not very clean , if i compare my current 6D 12,000 iso files, it might look the same as the a7s down sampled.. however files at 25,000 iso looks very grainy but is still usable.
Secondly lens selection is very little and costly.
hope this helps

If you get it use sony glass for photos. I rented on for a week and shot mostly video. The canons glass worked great for this since I was manually focusing anyways. Using Canon glass for photo mode is almost impossible.

Pros:
Excellent low light performance
Portability
Internal 4K video
Excellent EVF

Cons:
12 MP files (if you're concerned about that sort of thing)
lackluster autofocus (particularly with adapted lenses)
Lack of professional support
Lack of comparatively affordable native lenses

You can adapt most lenses to it, although I believe the most popular is Canon.

Internal 4K video
The a7S doesn't capture and store 4k videos internally, it requires an external recorder via HDMI.

Oh, well that's a bummer. I assumed it did since it's supposed to be THE camera for video.
I agree, and I really don't know why they did it. Some technical limitation, probably. The recently announced a7R II does allow internal 4k recording, so the successor to the a7S should have it, too.

Oh, well that's a bummer. I assumed it did since it's supposed to be THE camera for video.
NO that would be the Panasonic GH4, at least for consumer.

The A7s is THE camera for LOWLIGHT video (or lowlight stills).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back