Sony A900 review- a strong competitor to D700 or 5D

3 grand for a camera with significant noise at ISO's as low as 400.

I will pass.

Thanks for the review link, though.

A new player has got to really knock it out of the park to get people who are already entrenched in a camera system to switch, and a camera like this is not going to be overly appealing to people who have not established themselves in a system. It will sell well to Minolta people, I imagine.

It's hard to judge the ISO performance on that website, but if the DxO test is any indicator, this thing isn't going to compete with Nikon or Canon. Sony dropped the ball on this one.

i used this camera at a camera store one day when the sony rep was there, it was there with i want to say an 18-70 ziess but i cant remeber exactly, and it had the battery grip attached, and it felt brilliant in your hand but when i heard the price i did not at all think it was worth it in anyway, the ISO is brutal for a camera of that price

I just don't see Sony mentioned at all in serious circles. I don't know what it's going to take for them to break in-something revolutionary, perhaps.. If it's not Nikon, Canon or Pentax, I just don't see Sony being a serious competitor with the D700. Brand loyalty is rampant, and I fear that Sony may just be too late to the party, no matter their quality. I, personally, love Sony electronics, but as for optics...

Like Kodak, which is a joke unless you're using their paper, and Poloroid, which is just a joke, period, I just don't think that Sony is taken seriously.. Sony is a much better brand than Kodak or Poloroid, to be sure, but they just aren't known for optics.. I think they had their hayday with the Walkman, and those of us in the home stereo arena know their receivers rock, but with optics..... Maybe their cameras are great, but they have to lure hardcore Nikon, Canon and Pentax shooters away from their favs or lure new shooters to buy a product from a company that's good but not traditionally known for optics... I love ending with optics.....

Most reactions

Back