Sony Alpha A65

I love my a55 and plan to upgrade to the A77 early next year. It's not the best low light camera, but it is packed full of great features that the competition lacks.

Omofo said:
I love my a55 and plan to upgrade to the A77 early next year. It's not the best low light camera, but it is packed full of great features that the competition lacks.

What's the difference between the a65 and the a77? (Detail wise and price wise)

Omofo said:

I upgraded from the a550 to the a77, and it is just a phenomenal camera that I am still learning it's nuances.

^^ what exactly didn't you like about the a390? I'm not 100% convinced by my a350. It's a noisy body, but there seems to be something more that I can't quite put my finger on.

The new Canon 1DX only has 18mp, but is an amazing pro camera. Many of the other pro cameras are less than that.

rgregory1965 said:
Nikon D7000 vs Sony SLT A65

Nikon D7000 vs Sony SLT A77

I had the A390 and the A55....sold them both and got the D7000 and never looked back.....

Well I was going to get the d7000, but the a65 has 24 megapixels opposed to the d7000s 16 megapixels

I would not worry a whole lot about this, especially on the a65. 24mp is already a lot to cram onto an APS-C, and with a mirror in the way between the sensor and the lens means less light to the sensor. Together, this means that there will be more noise.

If the 24mp mark is important for you, I'd save another $500 and wait for the NEX-7. Overall, the NEX platform is much better than the SLT.

Last edited:
The Alpha cameras have many features the nikon lacks. Flip out screen, twice the fps in stills and video, in camera hdr, in camera panorama, image stabilization, phase detection auto focus, optical view finder which shows you what the exposure actually looks like, histogram, as well as showing you the entire picture, the list goes on. If you are primarily shooting in low light conditions and plan to print enlargements, the nikon may be the better choice. IMO the sony is more versatile.

The Alpha cameras have many features the nikon lacks. Flip out screen, twice the fps in stills and video, in camera hdr, in camera panorama, image stabilization, phase detection auto focus, optical view finder which shows you what the exposure actually looks like, histogram, as well as showing you the entire picture, the list goes on. If you are primarily shooting in low light conditions and plan to print enlargements, the nikon may be the better choice. IMO the sony is more versatile.

Yeh loads of crap you don't need, have you tried stooting in a studio ? the A55 is a dog, i set up a studio shoot and a friend had an A55 he ended up borrowing one of my Canon's

^^ i agree. the flip out screen is the only feature i'd miss. internal IS doesn't work well, but gives you nice feedback on camera shake.

^^ i agree. the flip out screen is the only feature i'd miss. internal IS doesn't work well, but gives you nice feedback on camera shake.

We couldn't see the model in the veiwfinder, went on web when i got home and found out the A55 is a ball ache to use in the studio, only Sony i would have is A850/A900

Most reactions

Back