Sony Alpha Digital SLR

furst2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am looking into buying the Sony Alpha and have heard mixed reviews from many people and from what I have read online.

Has anyone had the chance to use one or own one and can help me out.

I own one. I really like it. the grip feels so much better in my hand than any other slr i've tried. It takes great pictures. one thing that bothers me sometimes is the noise at high ISO is usually a little higher than other cameras (ones with a CMOS sensor) but overall, its an awesome camera and pop photo magazine made it camera of the year 2006 for a reason. if you have any SPECIFIC questions, just PM me or something

I own one too and i love it. My girlfriend owns the cannon 400D which is i suppose the "equivilent" model in the canon range.
Iv had a play around with her camera and i just dont like the feel of it. its a good camera, dont get me wrong. but its just not for me.

The sony one suits me great, feels just right and has all the features that i need.
I can definatly agree with shorty though, sometimes the higher ISOs come out a little noisier than id like, but hey, whatelse did they invent photoshop for? :p

Great thing about the sony aswell is it fits all the minolta AF fit lenses, which means you can pick up some really good lenses quite cheap.
Downside is that you have to look for them.

It may be interesting to compare the Alpha with the "predecessor" R1.
While they are two different types of camera, they both fill a similar role.
But, I have a feeling that some features of the R1 would make it my preference.
Anyone comment on that?

I have had my Sony since August when they first came out. I really love this camera. My sig link takes you my gallery where most of the images on there were shot with this camera.

I was most impressed with the kit lens that came with this camera. I was also looking at the Canon Rebel at the same time and the kit lens with that camera was so blurry, it made me a bit irked with Canon. They offered a great product with a lousy lens.

I also had several Minolta systems in the past and knew that if Sony was taking them over, they would make a great product even better.

Good luck!

Its a great camera. I had a problem with my shutter button when I first had the camera and I sent it to Sony who fixed it and now the camera is just awesome. The high ISO is an issue but what do you expect when you are only paying $700 for the camera? The lens selection for the camera is growing fast and there is like someone above said that nice option to get cheap minolta lenses.

Most reactions

Back