Sony DSC P200 died ... need suggestions

kyazh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all, just joined the forums for some help, unfortunatly my first post is about my camera dying. I bought this Sony DSC P200 about a year ago and everything had been great. Today I went to grab it to snap some pictures, I disconnected the charger cord, then I went to press the power button, but nothing happend. The green light around the power button turned on and off and nothing. I plugged the charger cable back in and the yellow charging indicator light didnt even come on. So I decided to reset it, when I did this, I pressed the power button and once again the green light just turned on and off and nothing happend. To top it all off, my exntended warranted papers were sent in 2 days ago, but I dumped them thinking I wont need them because its a "sony". Is there any way I can call sears (thats where I got it from) or whoever to get another copy of the extended warranty papers? (then 2 weeks later I can "pretend" it broke and send it in to get repaired). I quickly losing respect for sony, 3 sony phones have died on me, 1 Tv and now this. I havent even misused it or anything. Any ideas on what the problem could be? Thanks for any help, im just really frustrated right now because I dished out $400 for a camera and 1 year laters it craps out on me.

Its getting fixed, the battery wasn't the problem though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back