sony lpha?

Side by Side
It's not always a matter of something being 'better' than something else. You have to make these decisions on your own...based on what is best for you.

Well said Mike. To say one is better than the other is pretty meaningless. For example, the a100 has 2 more megapixels, does that mean the A100 is a better camera? Or the 30d has a top shutter speed 1/8000 vs the A100's 1/4000, does that mean the 30d is a better camera? The 30d can shoot at 5fps which might be very important to sports shooters, but for example I believe the viewfinder on the A100 to be considerably brighter than the one on the 30d, and to me that is important. And that is something that isn't included on the list comparing specs. The question is not which is better but which is better for you, and to know that you have to know what is most important to you, because nothing's perfect there will always be a camera or a system that does this or that better.

There are a ton of things to consider joey.I already had a maxxum zoom lens and got a great deal on a a100 body.I also went to the store and looked at both the 400d and the alpha.I did not like how small the 400d was,and didnt like the idea of having to buy really expensive lenses for "IS".So I went with the alpha.The downside is There is not vertical grip for the alpha,the lenses that sony put thier name on are few and pricey,There are not that many off brand options(yet).There are a slew of lenses and you just have to sift through them to find what you want.The upside to the lenses is that if you just bought a body you can get a tamron pair of ebay for about 150-175 for two average lenses 28-70,70-300, or something like it cause they have minolta or maxxum on them.I picked up a couple of 18-70mm lenses for 60 bux a piece.Got a couple of 50mm lenses 1.7 for 40 bux a piece.Not bad.Just look around and then go get one and start shooting.:thumbup:

There are a ton of things to consider joey.I already had a maxxum zoom lens and got a great deal on a a100 body.I also went to the store and looked at both the 400d and the alpha.I did not like how small the 400d was,and didnt like the idea of having to buy really expensive lenses for "IS".So I went with the alpha.The downside is There is not vertical grip for the alpha,the lenses that sony put thier name on are few and pricey,There are not that many off brand options(yet).There are a slew of lenses and you just have to sift through them to find what you want.The upside to the lenses is that if you just bought a body you can get a tamron pair of ebay for about 150-175 for two average lenses 28-70,70-300, or something like it cause they have minolta or maxxum on them.I picked up a couple of 18-70mm lenses for 60 bux a piece.Got a couple of 50mm lenses 1.7 for 40 bux a piece.Not bad.Just look around and then go get one and start shooting.:thumbup:

Check this site for grip
http://www.dicain.com/

canon 30d is more durable, shots faster, better at high iso, and looks better to me :). i dun think ill be happy with ne thign besides a canon 30d or better.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back