Sony Wireless Flash???

shorty6049

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does anyone know if theres a way to do wireless flash with a sony a700 and a HVL-f56AM flash? I know you can do it with the pop-up flash and everything, but does anyone know of any OTHER ways to do this? Possibly a radio flash transmitter type deal? any input would help!

Sony has a proprietary hot shoe design, carried over from minolta. so both of those are pretty much out of the question

I found that if i cover the pop-up flash on my camera with a hoya R72 IR filter, i can still trgger the flash that way, but it still needs to be line of sight

I found that if i cover the pop-up flash on my camera with a hoya R72 IR filter, i can still trgger the flash that way, but it still needs to be line of sight
are you sure? I can trigger mine from behind the flash from 10 feet away. I use 2 one set up on each side of a person and I sand behind the flashes and take the pics.Sometimes up to 10 feet behind.

yea, mine works behind the camera too, i guess line of IR sight... i just want to eliminate having to use the pop-up flash alltogether so i dont have to always bounce it away from the subject

yea, mine works behind the camera too, i guess line of IR sight... i just want to eliminate having to use the pop-up flash alltogether so i dont have to always bounce it away from the subject
I did a few tests about that, and on the 2 second delay you can't notice the flash from the camera in the pictures. unless you are shooting in a completely dark room

Most reactions

Back